Laura Waller heads the Computational Imaging Lab, which develops new methods for optical imaging, with optics and computational algorithms designed simultaneously. The specific focus is on measuring and controlling wave effects (such as phase, coherence or nonlinearity) in microscopes and cameras. Laura was a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Electrical Engineering and Lecturer of Physics at Princeton University from 2010-2012 and received B.S., M.Eng., and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 2004, 2005, and 2010, respectively.
- J. Zhong, J. Dauwels, M. A. Vazquez, and L. Waller, "Sparse ACEKF for phase reconstruction," Opt. Express, vol. 21, no. 15, pp. 18125--18137, July 2013.
- L. Waller, G. Situ, and J. Fleischer, "Phase-space measurement and coherence synthesis of optical beams," Nature Photonics, vol. 6, pp. 474-479, July 2012.
- C. Sun, L. Waller, D. V. Dylov, and J. W. Fleischer, "Spectral Dynamics of Spatially Incoherent Modulation Instability," Phys. Rev. Lett., vol. 108, pp. 263902, June 2012.
- D. Dylov, L. Waller, and J. Fleischer, "Nonlinear Restoration of Diffused Images via Seeded Instability," Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, IEEE Journal of, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 916 -925, March 2012.
- L. Waller, M. Tsang, S. Ponda, S. Y. Yang, and G. Barbastathis, "Phase and amplitude imaging from noisy images by Kalman filtering," Optics Express, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 2805--2814, Jan. 2011.
- L. Waller, S. S. Kou, C. J. R. Sheppard, and G. Barbastathis, "Phase from chromatic aberrations," Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 22, pp. 22817--22825, Oct. 2010.
- L. Waller, Y. Luo, S. Y. Yang, and G. Barbastathis, "Transport of intensity phase imaging in a volume holographic microscope," Optics Letters, vol. 35, no. 17, pp. 2961--2963, Sep. 2010.
- L. Waller, L. Tian, and G. Barbastathis, "Transport of Intensity phase-amplitude imaging with higher order intensity derivatives," Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 12552--12561, June 2010.