Research and Personal Home page |
Group Publications page |
Jaijeet Roychowdhury is a Professor of EECS at the University of California at Berkeley. He received a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, in 1987, and a Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering and computer science from UC Berkeley in 1993. From 1993 to 1995, he was with the Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Laboratory, AT&T Bell Laboratories, Allentown, PA. From 1995 to 2000, he was with the Communication Sciences Research Division, Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ. From 2000 to 2001, he was with CeLight Inc. (an optical networking startup), Silver Spring, MD. From 2001-2008, he was with the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department and the Digital Technology Center at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.
Roychowdhury's professional interests include the analysis, simulation and design of electronic, biological and mixed-domain systems. He was cited for Extraordinary Achievement by Bell Laboratories in 1996. Over the years, he has authored or co-authored seven best or distinguished papers at ASP-DAC, DAC, and ICCAD. He was an IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Distinguished Lecturer during 2003-2005 and served as Program Chair of IEEE's CANDE and BMAS workshops in 2005. He has served on the Technical Program Committees of ICCAD, DAC, DATE, ASP-DAC and other EDA conferences, on the Executive Committee of ICCAD, on the Nominations and Appointments Committee of CEDA, and as an Officer of CANDE. He is a Fellow of the IEEE.
- J. Roychowdhury, "Boolean Computation Using Self-Sustaining Nonlinear Oscillators," arXiv, vol. 1410, no. 5016, Oct. 2014.
- T. Wang and J. Roychowdhury, "PHLOGON: PHase-based LOGic using Oscillatory Nanosystems," in Proc. Unconventional Computation and Natural Computation: 13th International Conference, UCNC 2014, London, ON, Canada, July 14-18, 2014, LNCS sublibrary: Theoretical computer science and general issues, Springer, 2014.
- K. Aadithya, S. Ray, P. Nuzzo, A. Mishchenko, R. K. Brayton, and J. Roychowdhury, "ABCD-NL: Approximating Continuous Non-Linear Dynamical Systems using Purely Boolean Models for Analog/Mixed-Signal Verification," in Proc. IEEE Asia South-Pacific Design Automation Conference, 2014.
- K. Aadithya, A. Demir, S. Venugopalan, and J. Roychowdhury, "Accurate Prediction of Random Telegraph Noise Effects in SRAMs and DRAMs," IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design, Jan. 2013.
- R. K. Balachandran, J. Roychowdhury, K. Dorfman, and V. Barocas, "Telescopic Time-Scale Bridging for Modeling Dispersion in Rapidly Oscillating Flows," AIChE Journal, July 2012.
- A. Neogy and J. Roychowdhury, "Analysis and design of sub-harmonically injection locked oscillators," in Proc. IEEE DATE, 2012.
- D. Amsallem and J. Roychowdhury, "ModSpec: An Open, Flexible Specification Framework for Multi-Domain Device Modelling," in Proc. IEEE ICCAD, 2011.
- J. Roychowdhury, "Hierarchical Abstraction of Phase Response Curves of Synchronized Systems of Coupled Oscillators," arXiv, June 2011.
- P. Bhansali and J. Roychowdhury, "Injection Locking Analysis and Simulation of Weakly Coupled Oscillator Networks," in Advanced Simulation and Verification of Electronic and Biological Systems, Springer, 2011.
- C. Gu and J. Roychowdhury, "Generalized Nonlinear Timing/Phase Macromodeling: Theory, Numerical Methods and Applications," in Proc. IEEE ICCAD, 2010.
- C. Gu and J. Roychowdhury, "Computing Probabilistic Hypervolumes," in Extreme Statistics in Nanoscale Memory Design (Integrated Circuits and Systems), Springer, 2010.
- J. Roychowdhury, Numerical Simulation and Modelling of Electronic and Biochemical Systems, Foundations and Trends in Electronic Design Automation, NOW Publishers, 2009.
- C. Gu and J. Roychowdhury, "Model Reduction via Projection onto Nonlinear Manifolds, with Applications to Analog Circuits and Biochemical Systems," in Proc. IEEE ICCAD, 2008.
- N. R. Shanbhag, S. Mitra, G. de Veciana, M. Orshansky, R. Marculescu, J. Roychowdhury, D. Jones, and J. M. Rabaey, "The search for alternative computational paradigms," IEEE Design & Test of Computers, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 334-343, July 2008.
- S. Srivastava and J. Roychowdhury, "Independent and interdependent latch setup/hold time characterization via Newton-Raphson solution and Euler curve tracking on state-transition equations," IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 817-830, May 2008.
- S. Agarwal and J. Roychowdhury, "Efficient multiscale simulation of circadian rhythms using automated phase macromodelling techniques," in Proc. 13th Pacific Symp. on Biocomputing (PSB 2008), R. B. Altman, A. K. Dunker, L. Hunter, T. Murray, and T. E. Klein, Eds., Vol. 13, Singapore: World Scientific Publishing Company, 2008, pp. 402-413.
- C. Gu and J. Roychowdhury, "An efficient, fully nonlinear, variability-aware non-Monte-Carlo yield estimation procedure with applications to SRAM cells and ring oscillators (Best Paper Award)," in Proc.2008 Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conf. (ASP-DAC '08), Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2008, pp. 754-761.
- N. Dong and J. Roychowdhury, "General-purpose nonlinear model-order reduction using piecewise-polynomial representations," IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 249-264, Feb. 2008.
- T. Mei and J. Roychowdhury, "A time-domain oscillator envelope tracking algorithm employing dual phase conditions," IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 59-69, Jan. 2008.
- S. Srivastava and J. Roychowdhury, "Analytical equations for nonlinear phase errors and jitter in ring oscillators," IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 2321-2329, Oct. 2007.