Brian A. Barsky
Brian A. Barsky is Professor of Computer Science and Affiliate Professor of Optometry and Vision Science at UC Berkeley. He attended McGill University, Montréal, received a D.C.S. in engineering and a B.Sc. in mathematics and computer science. He studied computer graphics and computer science at Cornell University, Ithaca, where he earned an M.S. degree. His Ph.D. is in computer science from the University of Utah, Salt Lake City. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry. His research interests include computer aided geometric design and modeling, interactive three-dimensional computer graphics, visualization in scientific computing, computer aided cornea modeling and visualization, medical imaging, and virtual environments for surgical simulation.
- F. Huang, G. Wetzstein, B. A. Barsky, and R. Raskar, "Eyeglasses-free Display: Towards Correcting Visual Aberrations with Computational Light Field Displays," ACM Trans. Graph. (Proc. SIGGRAPH), vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 1-12, July 2014.
- F. Huang and B. A. Barsky, "Computational Approaches to Aberration Compensation for Vision Correcting Displays," in Display Week 2014, 2014.
- C. Yeh, Y. Ho, B. A. Barsky, and M. Ouhyoung, "Personalized Photograph Ranking and Selection System Considering Positive and Negative User Feedback," ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications and Applications, vol. 10, no. 4, June 2014.
- F. Huang, G. Wetzstein, B. A. Barsky, and R. Raskar, "Computational Light Field Display for Correcting Visual Aberrations," ACM SIGGRAPH 2013 (poster), July 2013.
- F. Huang, D. Lanman, B. A. Barsky, and R. Raskar, "Correcting for Optical Aberrations using Multilayer Displays," ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG), vol. 31, no. 6, Nov. 2012.
- B. A. Barsky, "Vision-Realistic Rendering: Simulation of the Scanned Foveal Image with Elimination of Artifacts due to Occlusion and Discretization," in Computer Vision, Imaging and Computer Graphics: Theory and Applications, P. Richard and J. Braz, Eds., Communications in Computer and Information Science, Vol. 229, Springer-Verlag, 2011, pp. 3-27.
- C. Yeh, Y. Ho, B. A. Barsky, and M. Ouhyoung, "Personalized Photograph Ranking and Selection System," in ACM Multimedia 2010, 2010, pp. 211-220.
- T. J. Kosloff and B. A. Barsky, "Two New Approaches to Depth of Field Post-Processing: Pyramid Spreading and Tensor Filtering," in VISIGRAPP (International Joint Conference on Computer Vision, Imaging and Computer Graphics Theory and Applications), 2010, pp. IS-9 to IS-18.
- C. Yeh, W. Ng, B. A. Barsky, and M. Ouhyoung, "An Esthetics Rule Based Ranking System for Amateur Photos," in SIGGRAPH Asia 2009 Sketches, 2009, pp. Art. 24 pp 1- 1.
- T. J. Kosloff and B. A. Barsky, "Three Techniques for Rendering Generalized Depth of Field Effects," in Proceedings of the Fourth SIAM Conference on Mathematics for Industry: Challenges and Frontiers (MI09), 2009, pp. 42-48.
- Y. Gao, C. Li, S. Hu, and B. A. Barsky, "Simulating Gaseous Fluids with Low and High Speeds," in Pacific Graphics 2009, Vol. 28, 2009, pp. 1845-1852(8).
- Z. Li and B. A. Barsky, "3D Clothing Fitting Based on the Geometric Feature Matching," in 11th IEEE International Conference on Computer-Aided Design and Computer Graphics (CAD/Graphics 2009), 2009, pp. 74-80.
- Z. Li, B. A. Barsky, and X. Jin, "An Effective Third-order Local Fitting Patch and Its Application," in IEEE International Conference on Shape Modeling and Applications, 2009, pp. 7-14.
- T. J. Kosloff, M. W. Tao, and B. A. Barsky, "Depth of Field Postprocessing For Layered Scenes Using Constant-Time Rectangle Spreading," in ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, Vol. 324, 2009, pp. 39-46.
- T. J. Kosloff, J. Hensley, and B. A. Barsky, "Faster Filter Spreading and its Applications," presented at I3D 2009: ACM SIGGRAPH Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games, Boston, Massachusetts, Feb. 2009.
- B. A. Barsky and T. J. Kosloff, "Algorithms for Rendering Depth of Field Effects in Computer Graphics," in 12th WSEAS International Conference. on Circuits, Systems, Communications, and Computers, 2008, pp. 999-1010.
- B. A. Barsky and T. J. Kosloff, "An Algorithm for Rendering Generalized Depth of Field Effects Based on Simulated Heat Diffusion," in Seventh International Workshop on Computational Geometry and Applications (CGA'07), Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Berlin/Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, 2007, pp. 1124-1140.
- T. J. Kosloff and B. A. Barsky, "An algorithm for rendering generalized depth of field effects based on simulated heat diffusion," in Proc. 5th Intl. Conf. on Computational Science and Its Applications (ICCSA 2007), O. Gervasi and M. L. Gavrilova, Eds., Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 4707, Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2007, pp. 1124-1140.
- B. A. Barsky and T. J. Kosloff, "A Constant-Time Forward-Mapped Blur Filter for Fast Depth of Field," presented at Graphics Interface 2007, Montreal, Québec, Canada, May 2007.
- A. Curan, M. Brieu, B. A. Barsky, P. Dubois, and J. F. Rouland, "Stress-strain corneal study for biomechanical contribution to model and simulate corneal suturing," in Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, 2007.