Midterm / Final
- Midterm-2 will be held TODAY from 6:10 - 7:40 pm in 293 Cory. It's open book, open notes. Bring your calculator.
- Additional office hour on Tuesday (11/7/2006): 5-6 pm at my office (261M Cory)
- Please note Midterm-2 is on 11/9/2006 (Thursday). The original date on schedule was a typo.
- HW 5 and HW 6 have been posted. HW 5 will be due on Nov. 9. It is intended to help you prepare Midterm-2. HW 6 is the LaserMOD project, and is due on Nov. 21.
- The office hour on 10/19/2006 will be moved to 10/17/2006 (Tuesday) 1 - 2 pm.
- The link to the lecture notes on Optical Waveguides has been fixed.
- Please note that we will have NO class on 10/19/2006 (Thursday), but will HAVE class on 10/31/2006 (Tuesday).
- HW 4 has been posted
- The LaserMOD tutorial by Erwin Lau has been updated. Please download the file again. Please start getting familiar with the program. HW 5 will have simulation problem, and will be posted soon.
- Midterm-1 will be held in the evening of 10/10/2006 (Tuesday) from 6:00 - 7:30 pm in 293 Cory.
The exam is open book/notes. Please bring your calculator.
- Solution for HW3 has been posted.
- Solutions for HW1 and HW2 have been posted.
- Many of you have questions on how to calculate the matrix element in Problem 1, HW 3. I have posted a hint in the HW page (right after HW 3).
- Midterm will be open book, and open notes. Please bring a calculator.
- HW 2: assume the electron effective mass is equal to 0.067 * m0, where m0 is the free electron mass. A revsed HW 2 is posted.
- HW 2 has been posted. The due date has been extended to Sept. 26 since we don't have OH on Sept. 14.
- There will be a guest lecture on LaserMOD by Erwin Lau on 9/26/06
- There is no lecture on 9/14/06 (Thursday)
- You can find the user manual for LaserMod via the Start manual:
- RSoft Photonics CAD Suite --> Documentation --> LaserMOD Manual
- You can also find the PDF of the manual at the LaserMod page
- The schedule of the topics have been rearranged so we can start doing simulation sooner. Please check Schedule / Lecture Notes for updates from time to time.
- The OH has been moved to 3:30 - 4:30 pm on Thursday. Please email me if you have conflict.
- I have received the program CD for RSoft LaserMOD. You need to self-assemble into groups of 3 people. Each group will share a USB key. After your group is formed, you can bring your notebook computers to my office during OH to install the program.
- The PDF file of the updated optoelectronics market has been posted. See Schedule / Lecture Notes
- HW 1 has bee posted.