PUBLICATIONS & PATENTS
- Outstanding GSI (graduate student instructor) award at UC Berkeley, 2015-16
- Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship, 2014-2016.
- IEEE Data Storage Best Paper and Best Student Paper awards for years 2011 & 2012
- Second place in the first ACM University Student Research Competition, 2013.
- Berkeley Fellowship, 2011-13 (the most prestigious fellowship for incoming graduate students at UC Berkeley).
- Excellence Award for the academic year 2011-2012 at UC Berkeley.
- Prof. SVC Aiya Medal for the best master-of-engineering student in the ECE department at IISc, 2010.
- Co-chair, the NIPS 2014 workshop on Crowdsourcing and Machine-learning and the ICML 2014 workshop on Crowdsourcing and Human-computation.
- Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Journal of Machine Learning Research, Proceedings of the IEEE, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on Communications, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Communications Letters, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems, NIPS 2015, IEEE ISIT 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, DISC 2014, IEEE Netcod 2014, Infocom 2012, Globecom 2011, ITW 2011, NCC 2010, SPCOM 2010, ITW 2009, ADCOM 2009.
- Head GSI (graduate student instructor), Introduction to machine learning (CS 189/289A)
- GSI, Random processes in systems (EE 226A)
At UC Berkeley:
|          Statistical Learning Theory||Advanced Topics in Learning and Decision Making|
|          Theoretical Statistics||Advanced Theoretical Statistics|
|          Convex Optimization||Random Processes in Systems|
|          Computational Biology|
|          Detection And Estimation Theory||Graph Theory and Combinatorics|
|          Communication Networks||Information Theory|
|          Error Control Codes||Algebra|
|          Wireless Communication||Wireless Networks|
|          Space-Time Coding||Digital Communication|
- Intern, Microsoft Research Redmond, May 2013 to August 2013 and May 2014 to August 2014
- Project Associate, IISc-Infosys collaborative project, Bangalore, July 2010 to June 2011
Algorithms for robust and efficient media content distribution networks.
- Member of Technical Staff, Adobe Systems, Bangalore, July 2007 to July 2008.
Worked on Adobe Captivate, an automated e-learning authoring tool.