OPtics and Topography Involving the Cornea And Lens
- Welcome to the home page for the OPTICAL research project.
This project is studying the cornea, the front part of the eye that is
responsible for three quarters of the light refraction in the eye.
Visual correction through contact lenses or recently developed corneal
surgeries require precise information about the shape of the cornea.
Through the use of geometric modeling and scientific visualization,
this project is developing sophisticated techniques to provide
improved shape representations of patients' corneas.
We are affiliated with the Computer Graphics group in the
Computer Science Division at the
University of California, Berkeley.
This research is in collaboration with the
School of Optometry
Vision Science Group
Available Information about the OPTICAL project
- Research goals
- People: Faculty and Students
- Software suite
- Some OPTICAL papers.
- Visual results from our new algorithm
- Our Televisualization proposal
- Our Copyright Image
- Group photos from "Refraction and Keratometry: the Mathematics and Statistics" conference
- Prof. Barsky's January 4, 2000 Talk at the National University of Singapore
- Prof. Barsky's July 13, 1999 Talk at the University College London
- Prof. Barsky's January 5, 1999 Talk at the National University of Singapore
- Prof. Barsky's January 6, 1999 Talk at the National University of Singapore
- Prof. Barsky's November 1994 Silicon Valley SIGGRAPH talk
- Prof. Barsky's 97-09-15 Rice University Colloquium talk
- Article in the Otago Daily Times about Prof. Barsky's visit to the University of Otago, NZ
- Abstract for April 9, 1998 OPTICAL talk at U. Penn
- Prof. Barsky's May 1998 University of Hong Kong talk
- Prof. Brian A. Barsky speaking at IACLE and CCLRU of the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
Other Related Information and Sites
- Berkeley Computer Graphics
- See our T-shirt that was a hit at SIGGRAPH '95
- Spline Mathematics Promotes Better Eye Surgery SIGGRAPH '98 media article
- Is available from Professor Brian A. Barsky, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Corneal topography, videokeratography,
keratoscopy, videokeratoscopy, keratometry,
contact lenses, corneal
topographic mapping, contact lens design, fabrication, keratoconus,
corneal refractive surgery, radial keratotomy (RK), photorefractive
keratectomy (PRK), and laser in-situ keratomileusis (LASIK).
Copyright © 1998 OPTICAL Research Project. All rights reserved.
WWW Maven: Dan Garcia (email@example.com) Send me feedback
This is the representative icon for this page. If you ever see it on other pages, clicking on it will bring you back here.