CS Scholars Program
The UC Berkeley Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences invites you to apply to the CS Scholars program! CS Scholars offers a "home" within Cal for undeclared Letters and Science students interested in the computer science major. In this program, students will receive comprehensive, tailored support based on their individual needs, including a cohort-based discussion section for CS 61A and CS 61B, advising, study groups and a community of fellow students interested in computer science. CS Scholars is a diverse community of Berkeley students (in terms of their ethnic, academic, cultural and economic backgrounds) committed to the success of one another.
Because CS Scholars derives its strength from its diversity, all UC Berkeley undergraduates are eligible to apply to the program (however, you must be an admitted student to the University California Berkeley to apply).
Selection of members involves an electronic application. Students are selected using the following criteria:
- All applicants must have an interest in a computer science and a demonstrated commitment to collaborative learning
- There are no GPA or SAT score requirements
- First priority is given to low-income and first generation college students
- Next priority is given to applicants who have participated in academic development programs (including Summer Bridge, EAOP, Upward Bound, MESA, CS Kickstart) or students with a demonstrated commitment to providing service to under- served communities
- If space is still available, all others interested in the program are considered. Although the CS Scholars program does not guarantee acceptance into the CS major, the program is designed to facilitate matriculation into the major.
If you have questions about the CS Scholars program please email: firstname.lastname@example.org