Set Up a bMail Vacation Message
- Open Settings (in the gear icon)
- Open the General tab
- Scroll down within the menu until the "Vacation Responder" menu options come into view (near the bottom of the screen). Click within the message and subject boxes to create your response.
- Once the message has been written, the beginning and end date for the message can be set via the "First day" and "Ends" fields.
- When you're done, click the "Vacation responder on" button .
Remember to power off all the electrical devices in your office before you leave for the holidays.
- Shut down your pc
- Turn off your monitor
- Turn off your printer
- Turn off FAX machines, copiers, heaters, lights, mini-fridges, etc.
- After all machines have been shut down, turn off power strips: a lot of electronic equipment draws a small amount of power even when turned off.
If you are leaving before a planned power outage, unplug your electrical devices after you have shut them down.
- Unplug your PC where the power cord meets the computer and drape the cord over the body of the computer. That way you can find it more easily when you return.
- Don't unplug devices which are plugged into a power strip/surge protector. Simply turn off and unplug the power strip.
- Depending how long you will be gone, you may wish to leave a post-it on your monitor to remind yourself what needs to be plugged back in.
Other Things You May Wish To Do
- Set up your telephone "Out of Office" message.
- Check that your windows are tightly closed.
- Leave a note on your door.
- Before long trips, remove yourself from mailing lists.
- Turn in your time sheet, if applicable.
- Empty your trash.
Sep 24, 2013 16:26