- Open Adobe Acrobat 9 and then open the document.
- Pull down the "Advance" menu and select "Extend Features in Adobe Reader"
A dialog box will come up that says "This document already
has enabled usage rights in Adobe Reader. To remove Reader Enablement,
use File > Save a Copy".
Follow these instructions, they will allow you to create a copy of the document that is not restricted and has no extended features in Adobe Reader.
- Rename the file when you save it. Close the current file and open the new copy.
- If you still can't edit the fields, pull down the "Forms" menu and select "Add or Edit Fields"
- A dialog box will come up asking if you want Acrobat to detect form fields for you. Click "Yes"
- Make any changes to the form that you would like and save the file.
- Close the file.
- When you reopen the file it should be editable.
Tuesday, 02-Aug-2011 10:48:08 PDT