The Canon copiers in 384 Soda and 217 Cory can be used to send a scanned document (black and white only) to any @eecs.berkeley.edu or @berkeley.edu e-mail address. Here's the process:
- Put your copy card in the card reader. It won't be charged, but the copier interface is locked without a card.
- Put your document in the sheet feeder or under the lid. Multi-page or two-sided originals are fine.
- Choose the Send tab at the top of the touch screen.
- Choose Network Add Book under the white box.
- Touch Name or E-Mail and type in the beginning of the name or address. Names are in First Last format; for instance, "cat" would find all Catherines and Cathys. OK when done.
- Choose Start Searching
- Select the checkbox next to the e-mail address you want. (Make sure you don't accidentally select the fax number instead.) Choose OK.
Choose the E-Mail button in the light-green area below the white box, touch the E-mail label, type in the complete e-mail address, then choose OK, OK.
- Choose the Send Settings button on
the lower right
to set the name of the document;
_001.pdfwill be added to whatever filename you give. You can also set the e-mail subject or message. If you would like to see the scan results before sending, choose Preview on this settings screen. Choose Done when you're done.
- If you are sending a two-sided document through the sheet feeder, select the 2-sided Original button in the middle right and select the page orientation.
- Press the round green Start button
(on the right, not on the
touch screen) to start scanning. It may ask the original size;
if so, just choose the correct size and press
OK. If you are scanning multiple
hand-placed originals into one file, change the original
and press the Start button again for each. When you've
scanned them all, press Done
on the touch screen.
- The black status area at the bottom of the touch screen will say something like "Sending to janp@eecs..." while the job is sent. This can go by very quickly; if you don't see anything, your job probably went through OK. If there's a problem, the status area will say "Retrying...". This message lasts longer.
- If you think there might be a problem and want to check the
job status, choose System monitor in the lower
right of the screen, then Send on the bottom,
Log at the top. If the result is
--, then the job went OK. If the result is
NG, there was a problem.
- If you want to send another scan to the same address, choose Recall under the white box, then 1 Before. It will remember all of the settings, so you may want to look at Scan settings. If you need to turn off 2-sided scanning, choose 2-sided Original then Cancel.
- When you are done, choose Copy at the top of the touch screen to return the copier to normal operation.
If you need to send a scan to a non-eecs address, send it to
yourself first and then re-send the attachment from your e-mail
program. All scan messages will have the From name "Berkeley CS
Division" (Soda) or "Berkeley EECS" (Cory) and the From address
acg@eecs; this can not be changed.
For questions or problems with scanning only (not other copier
functions), contact acg@eecs or your local ACG staff member.
Wednesday, 13-Jul-2011 11:11:28 PDT