Zeilinger Staff Excellence Award Nomination Guidelines
- Each faculty, staff, and student nominator must submit their nomination by online form. Although you may organize your nomination as a group, you must each nominate your candidate separately.
- You must currently work in ERSO or the EECS Department to nominate a colleague.
- Nominee's primary office must be in Cory, Soda, or Sutardja Dai Hall.
- Selection takes place once a year.
- Nominees must be career staff in EECS or ERSO and must have provided a sustained level of performance in EECS/ERSO for a minimum of three years.
- Nominations can be submitted by all staff in the Department (including managers and supervisors). Eligible nominees are open to all staff in EECS and ERSO — management level as well.
- You may nominate one candidate per year.
- It is most meaningful to specify how the staff member has performed with excellence and what she or he has done in the spirit of "service cheerfully given for the general good" as an individual. The nomination must show in what way the nominee has made an outstanding contribution to the department.
- Receipt of nominations from our three groups (staff, students and faculty) reflect a greater balance in favor of the nominee. However, if the nominee has no specific contact with any particular group, this balance is not applicable. Questions may be directed to the Award Administrator (staff-award@eecs).
- Special consideration is given if the nominee has participated in activities that help the larger EECS/ERSO community, not just the nominee's immediate group.
- Since sustained excellence over a period of time is an important criterion, a nominee's position can be strengthened by re-nomination in subsequent years.
- The Award Administrator will direct copies of all nominations to the award committee. The committee will scrutinize each nomination carefully and submit their vote. The Award Administrator may vote.
- Consideration is given to total length of service, so if two candidates are considered to be closely comparable, preference would be given to the person who has sustained his or her service excellence for the longest period of time.
- This award is not an election-type where the person with the most nominations is selected.
|Wil Zeilinger Staff Excellence Award|