Faculty Publications - David Attwood
- D. Attwood and A. Sakdinawat, X-Rays and Extreme Ultraviolet Radiation: Principles and Applications, Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2016.
- D. T. Attwood, Soft X-Rays and Extreme Ultraviolet Radiation: Principles and Applications, Cambridge; New York: Cambridge University Press, 2000. [abstract]
- W. Meyer-Ilse, T. Warwick, and D. T. Attwood, Eds., X-Ray Microscopy: Proceedings of the VI International Conference, AIP Conference Proceedings, Melville, NY: AIP Press, 2000.
- F. Zernike and D. T. Attwood, Eds., OSA Proceedings on Extreme Ultraviolet Lithography: Proceedings of the Topical Meeting, OSA Proceedings, Vol. 23, Washington, D.C.: Optical Society of America, 1995.
- D. T. Attwood and J. Bokor, Eds., Short Wavelength Coherent Radiation: Generation and Applications, American Institute of Physics Conference Proceedings; Optical Science and Engineering Series (No. 7), New York, NY: AIP Press, 1986.
- D. T. Attwood and B. L. Henke, Eds., Low Energy X-ray Diagnostics, American Institute of Physics Conference Proceedings, New York, NY: AIP Press, 1981.
Articles in journals or magazines
- F. Brizuela, I. D. Howlett, S. Carbajo, D. Peterson, A. Sakdinawat, Y. Liu, D. T. Attwood, M. C. Marconi, J. J. Rocca, and C. S. Menoni, "Invited Paper: Imaging at the Nanoscale With Practical Table-Top EUV Laser-Based Full-Field Microscopes," Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, IEEE Journal of, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 434 -442, Jan. 2012. [abstract]
- I. A. Vartanyants, A. Singer, A. P. Mancuso, O. M. Yefanov, A. Sakdinawat, Y. Liu, E. Bang, G. J. Williams, G. Cadenazzi, B. Abbey, H. Sinn, D. T. Attwood, K. A. Nugent, E. Weckert, T. Wang, D. Zhu, B. Wu, C. Graves, A. Scherz, J. J. Turner, W. F. Schlotter, M. Messerschmidt, J. Luning, Y. Acremann, P. Heimann, D. C. Mancini, V. Joshi, J. Krzywinski, R. Soufli, M. Fernandez-Perea, S. Hau-Riege, A. G. Peele, Y. Feng, O. Krupin, S. Moeller, and W. Wurth, "Coherence Properties of Individual Femtosecond Pulses of an X-Ray Free-Electron Laser," Phys. Rev. Lett., vol. 107, no. 144801, Sep. 2011.
- A. Sakdinawat and D. T. Attwood, "Invited Paper: Nanoscale X-ray Imaging," Nature Photonics, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 840–848, Dec. 2010. [abstract]
- M. G. Capeluto, P. Wachulak, M. C. Marconi, D. Patel, C. S. Menoni, J. J. Rocca, C. Iemmi, E. H. Anderson, W. Chao, and D. T. Attwood, "Table top nanopatterning with extreme ultraviolet laser illumination," Microelectronic Engineering: Proc. 32nd Intl. Conf. on Micro- and Nano-Engineering, vol. 84, no. 5-8, pp. 721-724, May 2007.
- D. T. Attwood, "Nanotomography comes of age," Nature, vol. 442, pp. 642-643, Aug. 2006.
- G. Vaschenko, C. Brewer, F. Brizuela, Y. Wang, M. A. Larotonda, B. M. Luther, M. C. Marconi, J. J. Rocca, C. S. Menoni, E. H. Anderson, W. Chao, D. B. Harteneck, J. A. Liddle, Y. Liu, and D. T. Attwood, "Sub-38 nm resolution tabletop microscopy with 13 nm wavelength laser light," Optics Letters, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 1214-1216, May 2006.
- C. Chang, A. Sakdinawat, P. Fischer, E. Anderson, and D. T. Attwood, "Single-element objective lens for soft x-ray differential interference contrast microscopy," Optics Letters, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 1564-, May 2006.
- P. Fischer, D. Kim, W. Chao, J. A. Liddle, E. H. Anderson, and D. T. Attwood, "Soft X-ray microscopy of nanomagnetism," Materials Today, vol. 9, no. 1-2, pp. 26-33, Jan. 2006.
- W. Chao, B. D. Harteneck, J. A. Liddle, E. H. Anderson, and D. T. Attwood, "Soft X-ray microscopy at a spatial resolution better than 15 nm," Nature, vol. 435, pp. 1210-1213, June 2005.
- K. M. Rosfjord, Y. Liu, and D. T. Attwood, "Tunable coherent soft X-rays," IEEE J. Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 1405-1413, Nov. 2004.
- R. A. Bartels, A. Paul, H. Green, H. C. Kapteyn, M. M. Murnane, S. Backus, I. P. Christov, Y. Liu, D. T. Attwood, and C. Jacobsen, "Generation of spatially coherent light at extreme ultraviolet wavelengths," Science, vol. 297, no. 5580, pp. 376-378, July 2002.
- Y. Liu, M. Seminario, F. G. Tomasel, C. Chang, J. J. Rocca, and D. T. Attwood, "Achievement of essentially full spatial coherence in a high-average-power soft-x-ray laser," Physical Review A, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 033802-1-5, March 2001.
- P. P. Naulleau, K. A. Goldberg, S. H. Lee, C. Chang, D. T. Attwood, and J. Bokor, "Extreme-ultraviolet phase-shifting point-diffraction interferometer: A wave-front metrology tool with subangstrom reference-wave accuracy," Applied Optics, vol. 38, no. 35, pp. 7252-7263, Dec. 1999.
- D. T. Attwood, P. Naulleau, K. A. Goldberg, E. Tejnil, C. Chang, R. Beguiristain, P. Batson, J. Bokor, E. M. Gullikson, M. Koike, H. Medecki, and J. H. Underwood, "Invited Paper: Tunable coherent radiation in the soft X-ray and extreme ultraviolet spectral regions," IEEE J. Quantum Electronics, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 709-720, May 1999.
- D. T. Attwood, E. H. Anderson, P. J. Batson, H. R. Beguiristain, J. Bokor, K. A. Goldberg, E. M. Gullikson, K. H. Jackson, K. Nguyen, M. Koike, H. Medecki, S. Mrowka, R. E. Tackaberry, E. Tejnil, and J. H. Underwood, "At-wavelength metrologies for extreme ultraviolet lithography (in Japanese)," J. Future Electron Devices, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 5-14, Nov. 1998.
- D. T. Attwood, "New opportunities at soft-x-ray wavelengths," Physics Today, vol. 45, no. 8, pt. 1, pp. 24-31, Aug. 1992.
- D. T. Attwood, K. Halbach, and K. Kim, "Tunable coherent X-rays," Science, vol. 228, no. 4705, pp. 1265-1272, June 1985.
- J. Underwood and D. T. Attwood, "The renaissance of x-ray optics," Physics Today, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 44-61, April 1984.