COE Administered Scholarships
Conexant Systems has given $12,000 to be awarded this year, preferably for four scholarships of $3000 each. Students applying for this scholarship should be interested in working in the semiconductor industry and have an interest in interning at Conexant before graduation. Applicants should also be enrolled in EECS, Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, or Materials Science and Engineering major.
- GPA of 3.3 or above in Major
- Demonstrated financial need
- Registered as a Full-Time Student
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills
- Ability to Work in the US
The College of Engineering selects "Pell eligible" students from among Science, Engineering, and Math (SEM) for awards up to $5k. The award is renewable.
- Nomination by Department
- Demonstrated Financial Need
- Major in Computer Science and/or Engineering
2003: Lillian Tan, Liliya Krivulina, Nasrin Jaffari, Minjong Kim, Enrique Cervantes,
2002: Tiffany Chan, Sebastian Garcia, Jiashi Li, Kiran Patel, Purvi Parikh, Phuang Thi Tran
Deadline: Usually October
The Intel Foundation annually awards underrepresented minority students studying computer science or engineering. The award normally includes a paid summer internship with Intel Corporation. Scholarships are renewable through the student's fifth undergraduate year.
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Majoring in EECS, or Computer Engineering.
- Demonstrate Financial Need
- Student Must Be a Member of an Underrepresented Minority: African-American, Native-American, or Hispanic
- Active in Appropriate Minority Programs
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident