The Industrial Liaison Program (ILP)
The External Relations Group (XRG) of the Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences Department fosters close cooperation between industry and the Department through the Industrial Liaison Program. This program:
- enables quick transfer of research results to industry
- facilitates interactions that help to focus research on problems of current interest to industry
- enhances industry’s access to departmental publications, faculty, and students
Your company can join the Industrial Liaison Program with the payment of annual membership dues of $12,500 per calendar year. The one-time infosession fee is $2,000.
Current ILP Members
- BEARS (Berkeley EECS Annual Research Symposium)
Each year in February XRG produces a day-long research conference—BEARS—featuring a variety of informative talks and laboratory open houses offered by distinguished faculty members and advanced graduate students. By giving industry members a look at the very latest exciting work being carried out in electrical engineering and in computer sciences, BEARS promotes strong bonds between industry and the department.
ILP members have the exclusive privilege of hosting free information sessions (Infosessions) in the department with support from XRG. XRG staff handle room arrangements, advertise via email and flyers posted in Cory and Soda Halls, arrange parking for recruiters, place catering orders (which are billed separately to the ILP member), arrange audio-visual coverage for the Infosession, collect student résumés, and set up rooms for interviews with candidates in Cory or Soda Hall.
- Participation in the annual Internship Open House (registration fee is included)
- Priority invitation to the EECS Career Fair (does not include registration fee)
- Graduate Student Résumé Directory
XRG produces an annual directory of graduate student résumés to aid recruitment efforts of member companies.
- Invitation to attend EECS seminars
Employees of member companies may attend EECS seminars, which are listed on our web page at http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu.
For more information please contact:
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-1770
Tel: 510-643-6850 Fax: 510-643-7846
Email: lilyz [at] eecs.berkeley.edu