SPICE3F5 IS AVAILABLE THROUGH:
All Spice inqiries, except those for hardcopy documentation, should be directed to groups and persons affiliated with Spice. The Software Distribution Office now only facilitates the ordering of hardcopy documentation for this program.
- For SPICE3F4 MS-DOS Users:
- Call the Software Distribution Office to obtain the necessary instructions to upgrade your diskettes: (510) 643-6687.
SPICE is a general-purpose circuit simulator with several built-in semiconductor device models. SPICE performs several analyses, including nonlinear DC, nonlinear transient, and linear AC analysis. Device types include resistors, capacitors, inductors, mutual inductors, switches, linear and nonlinear sources, lossy and lossless transmission lines, BJTs, JFETs, GaAs MESFETS, and MOSFETs.
SPICE3 is based directly on SPICE2. SPICE3F includes AC and DC sensitivity analysis, which was not available in the previous major release (3E). Also available are an enhancement to the JFET model, a correction to the continuity of the MOS3 model (with respect to the kappa parameter), table-format output for device operating-point data (like SPICE2), the ability to change individual device parameters or vector elements interactively, support for X11r5, hardcopy for PC graphics, memory leak fix for nonlinear sources, and many other bug fixes. Finally, the portability and installation procedures have been improved. SPICE3F3 contains numerous bug fixes over the previous minor release (SPICE3F2), notably in the AC sensitivity analysis, initial conditions, and plotting.
Related hardcopy documentation (available separately - please see ordering instructions at ILP Software Catalog main page):
- Installation Notes. Available separately for $1.00
- SPICE3F User's Manual. Available separately for $10.00
- T. Quarles, Analysis of Performance and Convergence Issues for Circuit Simulation (UCB/ERL M89/42, April 1989). Available separately for $7.50
- T. Quarles, Benchmark Circuits: Results for SPICE3 (UCB/ERL M89/47, April 1989). Available separately for $5.00
- T. Quarles, Adding Devices to SPICE3 (UCB/ERL M89/45, April 1989). Available separately for $5.00
- T. Quarles, The Front End to Simulator Interface (UCB/ERL M89/43, April 1989). Available separately for $5.00
- T. Quarles, The SPICE3 Implementation Guide (UCB/ERL M89/44, April 1989). Available separately for $12.50
- Nutmeg Implementation Guide (formerly SPICE3C.1 Nutmeg Programmer's Guide). Available separately for $2.50
Foreign Distribution: Yes