Reimbursement for Visit Days

EECS will contribute up to $500 for actual travel expenses incurred. This includes airfare, airport shuttles, rental cars, personal cars and train fares. We do not reimburse for lodging or meals. If you are visiting more than one school, we will pay our fraction of the expenses, up to $500. If you are an international student you must enter on a J1, B1, B2, F1, H1, or WB visa to be eligible for reimbursement. Please save your receipts and visa documents to submit them after the visit. International visitors must also submit the Certificate of Academic Activity and the UC W-8BEN form in addition to the Claim for Reimbursment of Travel Expenses.

How to Submit for Reimbursement

Canadian visitors do not need a visa but must have an I-94 form and submit the Certificate of Academic Activity and UC W-8BEN forms.

Important: If you are attending the visit day with someone who has also been invited, please be aware that each person must purchase their own plane ticket and be reimbursed seperately. The name on receipts must match the name of the traveler being reimbursed. Using a credit card in your name to pay for these services will allow us to verify that you paid for it. If you must pay cash, please make sure the receipt clearly states this. Cash purchases are harder to verify and will delay reimbursement. We also advise against buying plane tickets with frequent flyer miles, which makes reimbursement difficult.

Some visitors use the credit card of a parent or other relative to purchase plane tickets. We advise against this. If you must do this, please include a letter from the cardholder explaining that the student will be responsible for reimbursing them.

Reimbursement requests for the 2015 Visit Days must be received no later than May 15, 2015.

Back to the Visit Days homepage