Spring 2013 Preliminary Exam Applications are due on
FRIDAY, MARCH 15, 2013.
PLEASE NOTE: You must submit the application on-line ONLY through MY EECS INFO.
If you must submit a petition with your application (see below), the petition must be submitted to
Shirley Salanio, the EE Graduate Student Services Advisor, in hard copy by the above deadline.
- Only students admitted to the Ph.D. program are permitted to sign up for the oral prelim exam.
- All students are expected to take the oral exam by their third semester.
- You must be registered the semester the oral prelim exam is taken.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 in courses taken at Berkeley while in graduate standing. (Any graded units of 299 and 298 are not included in this computation.)
- The oral prelim exams are usually scheduled during the week preceeding the start of instruction each semester.
- A petition (PDF) for
an exception is required to be submitted in hard copy to Shirley in 217 Cory at the time of application if you:
- want to delay the prelim oral exam for ANY reason.
- want to take the prelim oral exam early.
- want to take the prelim oral exam in spite of a GPA below 3.5.
- want to take a CS prelim oral exam.
- have deviated or will deviate from the usual procedure or policy in any way.
- Integrated Circuits
- Linear Systems
- Optoelectronics and Phontonics
- Semiconductor Devices
- Semiconductor Process Technology
- Signal Processing
NOTE: The content of a syllabus may change without notice. If you are taking the exam soon, please check the syllabus frequently.
Additional study materials for:
- Signal Processing: EE225A website, videotapes of Edward Lee's EE225A lectures are available for borrowing from the video library in 205 McLaughlin.
Check the current restrictions regarding EE breadth requirements in the Grad Handbook. Degree Programs
|EECS Graduate Student Affairs|