CS Prelim Exam Information
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be submitted on-line through MY EECS INFO.
Applications for the Spring 2014 Preliminary Exam are due on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2013 .
If you must submit a petition with your application (see below), the petition must be submitted to the CS Graduate Advisor, Xuan Quach in hard copy by the above deadline.
Prelim Requirements REMINDER....
- Only students admitted to the Ph.D. program are permitted to sign up for the oral prelim exam.
- All students are expected to take the oral exam by their third semester.
- You must be registered the semester the oral prelim exam is taken.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 in courses taken at Berkeley while in graduate standing. (Any graded units of 299 and 298 are not included in this computation.)
- You need to score at least a 6.0 out of 10.0 to pass.
- The exam is usually scheduled during the 3rd week of classes. Further details will be emailed to those who sign up.
- If you anticipate any delay in fulfilling the prelim requirement or have any prelim issues, you must petition the Prelim Committee by completing the appropriate form: (Word) or (PDF).
- Once you have completed your prelim requirements (oral exam and breadth courses), you must complete a Tentative Program of Study Card (Blue Card).
Prelim Exam Areas Syllabi and Questions:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): [ syllabus / questions ]
- Architecture (AR): [ syllabus / questions ]
- Computational Biology (BIO): [ syllabus ]
- Database Management Systems (DB): [ syllabus / questions ]
- Graphics (GR): [ syllabus / questions ]
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI): [ syllabus / questions ]
- Networking (NET): [ syllabus / questions ]
- Numerical Methods (NM): [ questions ]
- Operating Systems (OS): [ syllabus / questions ]
- Parallel Computing (PC): [ syllabus / questions ]
- Programming Languages (PL): [ syllabus / questions ]
- Security & Privacy (SEC): [ syllabus / questions ]
- Theory (TH): [ syllabus ]
|EECS Graduate Student Affairs|