Laura Waller heads the Computational Imaging Lab, which develops new methods for optical imaging, with optics and computational algorithms designed simultaneously. She is a Senior Fellow at the Berkeley Institute of Data Science (BIDS), with affiliations in Bioengineering and Applied Sciences & Technology. Laura was a Postdoctoral Researcher and Lecturer of Physics at Princeton University from 2010-2012 and received B.S., M.Eng., and Ph.D. degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 2004, 2005, and 2010, respectively. She is a Moore Foundation Data-Driven Investigator, Bakar fellow, NSF CAREER awardee and Packard Fellow.
- L. Tian and L. Waller, "3D intensity and phase imaging from light field measurements in an LED array microscope," Optica, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 104--111, Jan. 2015.
- Z. Jingshan, L. Tian, J. Dauwels, and L. Waller, "Partially coherent phase imaging with simultaneous source recovery," Biomed. Opt. Express, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 257--265, Dec. 2014.
- Z. Liu, L. Tian, S. Liu, and L. Waller, "Real-time brightfield, darkfield, and phase contrast imaging in a light-emitting diode array microscope," Journal of Biomedical Optics, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 106002, Sep. 2014.
- A. Shanker, L. Tian, M. Sczyrba, B. Connolly, A. R. Neureuther, and L. Waller, "Transport of intensity phase imaging in the presence of curl effects induced by strongly absorbing photomasks," Applied optics, vol. 53, no. 34, pp. J1--J6, Aug. 2014.
- L. Tian, X. Li, K. Ramchandran, and L. Waller, "Multiplexed coded illumination for Fourier Ptychography with an LED array microscope," Biomed. Opt. Express, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 2376--2389, July 2014.
- Z. Jingshan, R. A. Claus, J. Dauwels, L. Tian, and L. Waller, "Transport of Intensity phase imaging by intensity spectrum fitting of exponentially spaced defocus planes," Optics Express, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 10661--10674, May 2014.
- A. Shanker, "Defocus based phase imaging for quantifying electromagnetic edge effects in photomasks," L. Waller and A. R. Neureuther, Eds., EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley, Tech. Rep. UCB/EECS-2014-105, May 2014.
- L. Tian, J. Wang, and L. Waller, "3D differential phase-contrast microscopy with computational illumination using an LED array," Optics Letters, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 1326--1329, March 2014.
- J. Zhong, J. Dauwels, M. A. Vazquez, and L. Waller, "Sparse ACEKF for phase reconstruction," Opt. Express, vol. 21, no. 15, pp. 18125--18137, July 2013.
- L. Waller, G. Situ, and J. Fleischer, "Phase-space measurement and coherence synthesis of optical beams," Nature Photonics, vol. 6, pp. 474-479, July 2012.
- C. Sun, L. Waller, D. V. Dylov, and J. W. Fleischer, "Spectral Dynamics of Spatially Incoherent Modulation Instability," Phys. Rev. Lett., vol. 108, pp. 263902, June 2012.
- D. Dylov, L. Waller, and J. Fleischer, "Nonlinear Restoration of Diffused Images via Seeded Instability," Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, IEEE Journal of, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 916 -925, March 2012.
- L. Waller, M. Tsang, S. Ponda, S. Y. Yang, and G. Barbastathis, "Phase and amplitude imaging from noisy images by Kalman filtering," Optics Express, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 2805--2814, Jan. 2011.
- L. Waller, S. S. Kou, C. J. R. Sheppard, and G. Barbastathis, "Phase from chromatic aberrations," Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 22, pp. 22817--22825, Oct. 2010.
- L. Waller, Y. Luo, S. Y. Yang, and G. Barbastathis, "Transport of intensity phase imaging in a volume holographic microscope," Optics Letters, vol. 35, no. 17, pp. 2961--2963, Sep. 2010.
- L. Waller, L. Tian, and G. Barbastathis, "Transport of Intensity phase-amplitude imaging with higher order intensity derivatives," Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 12552--12561, June 2010.