Laura Waller leads the Computational Imaging Lab, which develops new methods for optical imaging, with optics and computational algorithms designed jointly. She is the Ted Van Duzer Endowed Assistant Professor of EECS and a Senior Fellow at the Berkeley Institute of Data Science (BIDS), with affiliations in Bioengineering and Applied Sciences & Technology. Laura was a Postdoctoral Researcher and Lecturer of Physics at Princeton University from 2010-2012 and received BS, MEng and PhD degrees from MIT. She is a Moore Foundation Data-Driven Investigator, Bakar fellow, Distinguished Graduate Student Mentoring awardee, NSF CAREER awardee and Packard Fellow.
- 2010, Ph.D., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, MIT
- 2005, M.Eng., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, MIT
- 2004, B.S., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, MIT
- N. Pegard, H. Liu, N. Antipa, M. Gerlock, H. Adesnik, and L. Waller, "Compressive light-field microscopy for 3D neural activity recording," Optica, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 517--524, 2016.
- L. Waller and L. Tian, "Computational imaging: Machine learning for 3D microscopy," Nature, vol. 523, no. 7561, 2015.
- L. Tian, Z. Liu, L. Yeh, M. Chen, J. Zhong, and L. Waller, "Computational illumination for high-speed in vitro Fourier ptychographic microscopy," Optica, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 904--911, 2015.
- L. Tian and L. Waller, "3D intensity and phase imaging from light field measurements in an LED array microscope," Optica, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 104--111, Jan. 2015.
- Z. Jingshan, L. Tian, J. Dauwels, and L. Waller, "Partially coherent phase imaging with simultaneous source recovery," Biomed. Opt. Express, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 257--265, Dec. 2014.
- L. Waller, G. Situ, and J. Fleischer, "Phase-space measurement and coherence synthesis of optical beams," Nature Photonics, vol. 6, pp. 474-479, July 2012.
- L. Waller, S. S. Kou, C. J. R. Sheppard, and G. Barbastathis, "Phase from chromatic aberrations," Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 22, pp. 22817--22825, Oct. 2010.