Laura Waller heads the Computational Imaging Lab, which develops new methods for optical imaging, with optics and computational algorithms designed simultaneously. She is the Ted Van Duzer Endowed Assistant Professor of EECS and a Senior Fellow at the Berkeley Institute of Data Science (BIDS), with affiliations in Bioengineering and Applied Sciences & Technology. Laura was a Postdoctoral Researcher and Lecturer of Physics at Princeton University from 2010-2012 and received B.S., M.Eng., and Ph.D. degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 2004, 2005, and 2010, respectively. She is a Moore Foundation Data-Driven Investigator, Bakar fellow, NSF CAREER awardee and Packard Fellow.
- L. Tian and L. Waller, "3D intensity and phase imaging from light field measurements in an LED array microscope," Optica, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 104--111, Jan. 2015.
- Z. Jingshan, L. Tian, J. Dauwels, and L. Waller, "Partially coherent phase imaging with simultaneous source recovery," Biomed. Opt. Express, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 257--265, Dec. 2014.
- Z. Liu, L. Tian, S. Liu, and L. Waller, "Real-time brightfield, darkfield, and phase contrast imaging in a light-emitting diode array microscope," Journal of Biomedical Optics, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 106002, Sep. 2014.
- A. Shanker, L. Tian, M. Sczyrba, B. Connolly, A. R. Neureuther, and L. Waller, "Transport of intensity phase imaging in the presence of curl effects induced by strongly absorbing photomasks," Applied optics, vol. 53, no. 34, pp. J1--J6, Aug. 2014.
- L. Tian, X. Li, K. Ramchandran, and L. Waller, "Multiplexed coded illumination for Fourier Ptychography with an LED array microscope," Biomed. Opt. Express, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 2376--2389, July 2014.
- Z. Jingshan, R. A. Claus, J. Dauwels, L. Tian, and L. Waller, "Transport of Intensity phase imaging by intensity spectrum fitting of exponentially spaced defocus planes," Optics Express, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 10661--10674, May 2014.
- A. Shanker, "Defocus based phase imaging for quantifying electromagnetic edge effects in photomasks," L. Waller and A. R. Neureuther, Eds., EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley, Tech. Rep. UCB/EECS-2014-105, May 2014.
- L. Tian, J. Wang, and L. Waller, "3D differential phase-contrast microscopy with computational illumination using an LED array," Optics Letters, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 1326--1329, March 2014.
- J. Zhong, J. Dauwels, M. A. Vazquez, and L. Waller, "Sparse ACEKF for phase reconstruction," Opt. Express, vol. 21, no. 15, pp. 18125--18137, July 2013.
- L. Waller, G. Situ, and J. Fleischer, "Phase-space measurement and coherence synthesis of optical beams," Nature Photonics, vol. 6, pp. 474-479, July 2012.
- C. Sun, L. Waller, D. V. Dylov, and J. W. Fleischer, "Spectral Dynamics of Spatially Incoherent Modulation Instability," Phys. Rev. Lett., vol. 108, pp. 263902, June 2012.
- D. Dylov, L. Waller, and J. Fleischer, "Nonlinear Restoration of Diffused Images via Seeded Instability," Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, IEEE Journal of, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 916 -925, March 2012.
- L. Waller, M. Tsang, S. Ponda, S. Y. Yang, and G. Barbastathis, "Phase and amplitude imaging from noisy images by Kalman filtering," Optics Express, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 2805--2814, Jan. 2011.
- L. Waller, S. S. Kou, C. J. R. Sheppard, and G. Barbastathis, "Phase from chromatic aberrations," Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 22, pp. 22817--22825, Oct. 2010.
- L. Waller, Y. Luo, S. Y. Yang, and G. Barbastathis, "Transport of intensity phase imaging in a volume holographic microscope," Optics Letters, vol. 35, no. 17, pp. 2961--2963, Sep. 2010.
- L. Waller, L. Tian, and G. Barbastathis, "Transport of Intensity phase-amplitude imaging with higher order intensity derivatives," Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 12552--12561, June 2010.