Theodore Van Duzer
- U.C. Berkeley Cryoelectronics
He obtained a B.S. from Rutgers University, an M.S. from UCLA and a Ph.D. from UC Berkeley. He is currently a Professor in the Graduate School School in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences at Berkeley. He is co-author of two texts:
Fields and Waves in Communication Electronics (with S. Ramo and J. R. Whinnery) and
Principles of Superconductive Devices and Circuits (with C. W. Turner).
He is a Life Fellow of the IEEE, a member of the National Academy of Engineering, a recipient of the Berkeley Citation and the IEEE/CSC Award for significant and Continuing Contributions to Applied Superconductivity. He has led a research group in superconductive electronics since 1968, including both devices and circuits.
- X. Meng and T. Van Duzer, "Light-anodization process for high-Jc micron and submicron superconducting junction and integrated circuit fabrication," IEEE Trans. Applied Superconductivity, vol. 13, no. 2, pt. 1, pp. 91-94, June 2003.
- T. Van Duzer, Y. Feng, X. Meng, S. R. Whiteley, and N. Yoshikawa, "Hybrid Josephson-CMOS memory: A solution for the Josephson memory problem," Superconductor Science & Technology, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 1669-1674, Dec. 2002.
- A. Bhat, X. Meng, S. Whiteley, M. Jeffery, and T. Van Duzer, "A 10 GHz digital amplifier in an ultra-small-spread high-Jc Nb/Al-AlOx/Nb integrated circuit process," IEEE Trans. Applied Superconductivity, vol. 9, no. 2, pt. 3, pp. 3232-3235, June 1999.
- Z. J. Deng, N. Yoshikawa, S. R. Whiteley, and T. Van Duzer, "Data-driven self-timed RSFQ digital integrated circuit and system," IEEE Trans. Applied Superconductivity, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 3634-3637, June 1997.
- M. Jeffery, T. Van Duzer, J. R. Kirtley, and M. B. Ketchen, "Magnetic imaging of moat-guarded superconducting electronic circuits," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 67, no. 12, pp. 1769-1771, Sep. 1995.
- S. Ramo, J. R. Whinnery, and T. Van Duzer, Fields and Waves in Communication Electronics, 3rd ed., New York, NY: Wiley, 1994.
- S. Ramo, J. R. Whinnery, and T. Van Duzer, Fields and Waves in Communication Electronics, 2nd, rev. ed., New York, NY: John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 1984.