He received his M.S. in Computer Science and Control Engineering from Polytechnic University Bucharest, 1989, and a Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University, 2000. He joined the faculty of EECS in 2000.
- M. Zaharia, T. Das, H. Li, T. Hunter, S. Shenker, and I. Stoica, "Discretized Streams: Fault-Tolerant Streaming Computation at Scale," in ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, 2013.
- R. S. Xin, J. Rosen, M. Zaharia, M. Franklin, S. Shenker, and I. Stoica, "Shark: SQL and Rich Analytics at Scale," EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley, Tech. Rep. UCB/EECS-2012-214, Nov. 2012.
- D. M. Geels, G. D. Altekar, S. Shenker, and I. Stoica, "Replay debugging for distributed applications," in Proc. 2006 USENIX Annual Technical Conference, Berkeley, CA: USENIX Association, 2006, pp. 289-300.
- B. T. Loo, J. M. Hellerstein, I. Stoica, and R. Ramakrishnan, "Declarative routing: Extensible routing with declarative queries," in Proc. 2005 Conf. on Applications, Technologies, Architectures, and Protocols for Computer Communications, New York, NY: ACM Press, 2005, pp. 289-300.
- I. Stoica, Stateless Core: A Scalable Approach for Quality of Service in the Internet, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 2979, Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2004.
- I. Stoica, D. Adkins, S. Zhuang, S. Shenker, and S. Surana, "Internet indirection infrastructure," IEEE/ACM Trans. Networking, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 205-218, April 2004.
- L. Subramanian, V. Roth, I. Stoica, S. Shenker, and R. H. Katz, "Best Student Paper Award: Listen and whisper: Security mechanisms for BGP," in Proc. 1st Symp. on Networked Systems Design and Implementation, Berkeley, CA: USENIX Association, 2004, pp. 127-140.
- I. Stoica, R. Morris, D. Liben-Nowell, D. R. Karger, M. F. Kaashoek, F. Dabek, and H. Balakrishnan, "Chord: A scalable peer-to-peer lookup protocol for Internet applications," IEEE/ACM Trans. Networking, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 17-32, Feb. 2003.