Sanjit A. Seshia
He received his B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay and a M.S. and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University. His Ph.D. thesis research on the UCLID verification system pioneered the area known as satisfiability modulo theories (SMT) and SMT-based verification. He has co-authored a textbook on embedded systems. He has received a Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), an Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship, and the School of Computer Science Distinguished Dissertation Award at Carnegie Mellon University.
- C. Sturton, R. Sinha, T. Dang, S. Jain, M. McCoyd, W. Y. Tan, P. Maniatis, S. A. Seshia, and D. Wagner, "Symbolic Software Model Validation," in Proceedings of the 10th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Formal Methods and Models for Codesign (MEMOCODE), M. Roncken and J. Talpin, Eds., 2013.
- O. Kupferman, W. Li, and S. A. Seshia, "A theory of mutations with applications to vacuity, coverage, and fault tolerance," in Proc. 2008 Formal Methods in Computer Aided Design Conf. (FMCAD '08), A. Cimatti and R. Jones, Eds., Los Alamitos, CA: IEEE Computer Society, 2008, pp. 9 pg.
- S. A. Seshia, "Autonomic reactive systems via online learning," in Proc. 4th Intl. Conf. on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2007), Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2007, pp. 162-171.
- A. Solar Lezama, G. Arnold, L. Tancau, R. Bodik, V. Saraswat, and S. A. Seshia, "Sketching stencils," in Proc. 2007 ACM SIGPLAN Conf. on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI '07), New York, NY: The Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2007, pp. 167-178.
- S. A. Seshia, W. Li, and S. Mitra, "Verification-guided soft error resilience," in Proc.10th Design, Automation and Test in Europe Conference and Exhibition (DATE '07), San Jose, CA: EDA Consortium, 2007, pp. 1442-1447.
- S. A. Seshia and R. E. Bryant, "Deciding quantifier-free Presburger formulas using parameterized solution bounds," Logical Methods in Computer Science, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 1-26, Dec. 2005.
- V. Ganapathy, S. A. Seshia, S. Jha, T. W. Reps, and R. E. Bryant, "Automatic discovery of API-level exploits," in Proc. 27th Intl. Conf. on Software Engineering (ICSE '05), New York, NY: ACM Press, 2005, pp. 312-321.
- S. A. Seshia, R. E. Bryant, and K. S. Stevens, "Modeling and verifying circuits using generalized relative timing," in Proc. 11th IEEE Intl. Symp. on Asynchronous Circuits and Systems (ASYNC 2005), Los Alamitos, CA: IEEE Computer Society, 2005, pp. 98-108.
- S. A. Seshia, S. K. Lahiri, and R. E. Bryant, "A hybrid SAT-based decision procedure for separation logic with uninterpreted functions," in Proc. 40th IEEE/ACM Design Automation Conf. (DAC 2003), New York, NY: The Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2003, pp. 425-430.
- R. E. Bryant, S. K. Lahiri, and S. A. Seshia, "Modeling and verifying systems using a logic of counter arithmetic with lambda expressions and uninterpreted functions," in Computer Aided Verification: Proc. 14th Intl. Conf. (CAV 2002), E. Brinksma and K. Guldstrand Larsen, Eds., Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 2404, Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2002, pp. 79-82.