- D. Fifield, C. Lan, R. Hynes, P. Wegmann, and V. Paxson, " Blocking-resistant communication through domain fronting," in Proc. Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium, 2015.
- K. Thomas, E. Bursztein, C. Grier, G. Ho, N. Jagpal, A. Kapravelos, D. McCoy, A. Nappa, V. Paxson, P. Pearce, N. Provos, and M. Abu Rajab, " Ad Injection at Scale: Assessing Deceptive Advertisement Modifications," in Proc. IEEE Security and Privacy, 2015.
- P. Pearce, V. Dave, C. Grier, K. Levchenko, S. Guha, D. McCoy, V. Paxson, S. Savage, and G. Voelker, "Characterizing Large-Scale Click Fraud in ZeroAccess," in Proceedings of the 2014 ACM Computer and Communications Security, 2014.
- S. Khattak, M. Javed, S. Khayam, Z. Uzmi, and V. Paxson, "A Look at the Consequences of Internet Censorship Through an ISP Lens," in Proceedings of the 2014 ACM SIGCOMM Internet Measurement Conference, 2014.
- Z. Durumeric, J. Kasten, D. Adrian, J. A. Halderman, M. Bailey, F. Li, N. Weaver, J. Amann, J. Beekman, M. Payer, and V. Paxson, "The Matter of Heartbleed," in ACM Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), 2014.
- A. Kapravelos, C. Grier, N. Chachra, C. Kruegel, G. Vigna, V. Paxson, D. Kirat, G. De Maio, Y. Shoshitaishvili, and G. Stringhini, "Hulk: eliciting malicious behavior in browser extensions," in Proceedings of the 23rd USENIX conference on Security Symposium, 2014, pp. 641--654.
- W. R. Marczak, J. Scott-Railton, M. Marquis-Boire, and V. Paxson, "When Governments Hack Opponents: A Look at Actors and Technology," in Proceedings of the 23rd USENIX Security Symposium, 2014.
- K. Thomas, F. Li, C. Grier, and V. Paxson, "Consequences of Connectivity: Characterizing Account Hijacking on Twitter," in Proceedings of the 2014 ACM Computer and Communications Security, 2014.
- S. Khattak, M. Javed, P. D. Anderson, and V. Paxson, "Towards Illuminating a Censorship Monitor’s Model to Facilitate Evasion," in USENIX Workshop on Free and Open Communication on the Internet, 2013.
- M. Javed and V. Paxson, "Detecting stealthy, distributed SSH brute-forcing," in Proceedings of the 2013 ACM Computer and Communications Security, 2013, pp. 85--96.
- V. Paxson, M. Christodorescu, M. Javed, J. R. Rao, R. Sailer, D. L. Schales, M. P. Stoecklin, K. Thomas, W. Venema, and N. Weaver, "Practical Comprehensive Bounds on Surreptitious Communication over DNS," in USENIX Security Symposium, 2013, pp. 17--32.
- K. Thomas, D. McCoy, C. Grier, A. Kolcz, and V. Paxson, "Trafficking Fraudulent Accounts: The Role of the Underground Market in Twitter Spam and Abuse," in USENIX Security Symposium, 2013, pp. 195--210.
- M. Dhawan, J. Samuel, R. Teixeira, C. Kreibich, M. Allman, N. Weaver, and V. Paxson, "Fathom: A browser-based network measurement platform," in Proceedings of the 2012 ACM SIGCOMM Internet Measurement Conference, 2012, pp. 73--86.
- C. Rossow, C. J. Dietrich, C. Grier, C. Kreibich, V. Paxson, N. Pohlmann, H. Bos, and M. Van Steen, "Prudent Practices for Designing Malware Experiments: Status Quo and Outlook," in IEEE Security and Privacy, 2012, pp. 65--79.
- L. Martignoni, P. Poosankam, M. Zaharia, J. Han, S. McCamant, D. Song, V. Paxson, A. Perrig, S. Shenker, and I. Stoica, "Cloud Terminal: Secure Access to Sensitive Applications from Untrusted Systems," in USENIX Annual Technical Conference, 2012, pp. 165--182.
- K. Thomas, C. Grier, and V. Paxson, "Adapting social spam infrastructure for political censorship," in Proceedings of the 5th USENIX Workshop on Large-Scale Exploits and Emergent Threats, 2012, pp. 13--13.
- K. Levchenko, A. Pitsillidis, N. Chachra, B. Enright, M. Felegyhazi, C. Grier, T. Halvorson, C. Kanich, C. Kreibich, H. Liu, and V. Paxson, "Click Trajectories: End-to-End Analysis of the Spam Value Chain," in IEEE Security and Privacy (SP), 2011, 2011, pp. 431--446.
- C. Kanich, N. Weaver, D. McCoy, T. Halvorson, C. Kreibich, K. Levchenko, V. Paxson, G. M. Voelker, and S. Savage, "Show Me the Money: Characterizing Spam-advertised Revenue," in USENIX Security Symposium, 2011, pp. 15--15.
- J. Caballero, C. Grier, C. Kreibich, and V. Paxson, "Measuring Pay-Per-Install: The Commoditization of Malware Distribution.," in USENIX Security Symposium, 2011.
- K. Thomas, C. Grier, J. Ma, V. Paxson, and D. Song, "Design and evaluation of a real-time URL spam filtering service," in Security and Privacy (SP), 2011 IEEE Symposium on, 2011, pp. 447--462.