- Center for Evidence-based Security Research (CESR)
- Z. Durumeric, J. Kasten, D. Adrian, J. A. Halderman, M. Bailey, F. Li, N. Weaver, J. Amann, J. Beekman, M. Payer, and V. Paxson, "The matter of Heartbleed," in ACM Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), 2014.
- A. Kapravelos, C. Grier, N. Chachra, C. Kruegel, G. Vigna, V. Paxson, D. Kirat, G. De Maio, Y. Shoshitaishvili, and G. Stringhini, "Hulk: eliciting malicious behavior in browser extensions," in Proceedings of the 23rd USENIX conference on Security Symposium, 2014, pp. 641--654.
- W. R. Marczak, J. Scott-Railton, M. Marquis-Boire, and V. Paxson, "When governments hack opponents: A look at actors and technology," in Proceedings of the 23rd USENIX Security Symposium, 2014.
- S. Khattak, M. Javed, P. D. Anderson, and V. Paxson, "Towards Illuminating a Censorship Monitor’s Model to Facilitate Evasion," in USENIX Workshop on Free and Open Communication on the Internet, 2013.
- M. Javed and V. Paxson, "Detecting stealthy, distributed SSH brute-forcing," in Proceedings of the 2013 ACM Computer and Communications Security, 2013, pp. 85--96.
- V. Paxson, M. Christodorescu, M. Javed, J. R. Rao, R. Sailer, D. L. Schales, M. P. Stoecklin, K. Thomas, W. Venema, and N. Weaver, "Practical Comprehensive Bounds on Surreptitious Communication over DNS," in USENIX Security Symposium, 2013, pp. 17--32.
- K. Thomas, D. McCoy, C. Grier, A. Kolcz, and V. Paxson, "Trafficking Fraudulent Accounts: The Role of the Underground Market in Twitter Spam and Abuse," in USENIX Security Symposium, 2013, pp. 195--210.
- M. Dhawan, J. Samuel, R. Teixeira, C. Kreibich, M. Allman, N. Weaver, and V. Paxson, "Fathom: A browser-based network measurement platform," in Proceedings of the 2012 ACM SIGCOMM Internet Measurement Conference, 2012, pp. 73--86.
- C. Rossow, C. J. Dietrich, C. Grier, C. Kreibich, V. Paxson, N. Pohlmann, H. Bos, and M. Van Steen, "Prudent practices for designing malware experiments: Status quo and outlook," in IEEE Security and Privacy, 2012, pp. 65--79.
- L. Martignoni, P. Poosankam, M. Zaharia, J. Han, S. McCamant, D. Song, V. Paxson, A. Perrig, S. Shenker, and I. Stoica, "Cloud Terminal: Secure Access to Sensitive Applications from Untrusted Systems," in USENIX Annual Technical Conference, 2012, pp. 165--182.
- K. Thomas, C. Grier, and V. Paxson, "Adapting social spam infrastructure for political censorship," in Proceedings of the 5th USENIX Workshop on Large-Scale Exploits and Emergent Threats, 2012, pp. 13--13.
- K. Levchenko, A. Pitsillidis, N. Chachra, B. Enright, M. Felegyhazi, C. Grier, T. Halvorson, C. Kanich, C. Kreibich, H. Liu, and V. Paxson, "Click trajectories: End-to-end analysis of the spam value chain," in IEEE Security and Privacy (SP), 2011, 2011, pp. 431--446.
- C. Kanich, N. Weaver, D. McCoy, T. Halvorson, C. Kreibich, K. Levchenko, V. Paxson, G. M. Voelker, and S. Savage, "Show Me the Money: Characterizing Spam-advertised Revenue," in USENIX Security Symposium, 2011, pp. 15--15.
- J. Caballero, C. Grier, C. Kreibich, and V. Paxson, "Measuring Pay-per-Install: The Commoditization of Malware Distribution.," in USENIX Security Symposium, 2011.
- K. Thomas, C. Grier, J. Ma, V. Paxson, and D. Song, "Design and evaluation of a real-time URL spam filtering service," in Security and Privacy (SP), 2011 IEEE Symposium on, 2011, pp. 447--462.
- A. Pitsillidis, K. Levchenko, C. Kreibich, C. Kanich, G. M. Voelker, V. Paxson, N. Weaver, and S. Savage, "Botnet Judo: Fighting Spam with Itself," in Network and Distribute Systems Security, 2010.
- C. Kreibich, N. Weaver, B. Nechaev, and V. Paxson, "Netalyzr: Illuminating the edge network," in Proceedings of the 10th ACM SIGCOMM Internet Measurement Conference, 2010, pp. 246--259.
- R. Sommer and V. Paxson, "Outside the closed world: On using machine learning for network intrusion detection," in Security and Privacy (SP), 2010 IEEE Symposium on, 2010, pp. 305--316.
- C. Grier, K. Thomas, V. Paxson, and M. Zhang, "@ spam: the underground on 140 characters or less," in Proceedings of the 17th ACM conference on Computer and communications security, 2010, pp. 27--37.
- C. Y. Cho, C. Juan, G. Chris, V. Paxson, and D. Song, "Insights from the Inside: A View of Botnet Management from Infiltration," in 3rd USENIX Workshop on Large-Scale Exploits and Emergent Threats (LEET), 2010.