George Necula is a Professor in the Computer Science Department at University of California, Berkeley. His research interests include programming languages, verification methods and security with an emphasis towards use of programming language and logic-based technologies for security and for improving software quality. George Necula received his Bachelor of Science in 1993 from Polytechnic University of Bucharest in Romania, and his PhD in Computer Science in 1998 from Carnegie Mellon University, where he developed the technique of Proof-Carrying Code, jointly with Peter Lee. George Necula is an Okawa Fellow, an Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Fellow, a recipient of the NSF Career Award, ACM SIGOPS Hall of Fame Award in 2006, and of the 2001 ACM Grace Murray Hopper Award.
- K. Sen, G. Necula, L. Gong, and W. Choi, "MultiSE: Multi-path Symbolic Execution Using Value Summaries," in Proceedings of the 2015 10th Joint Meeting on Foundations of Software Engineering, ESEC/FSE 2015, New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2015, pp. 842--853.
- F. Zhou, J. P. Condit, Z. R. Anderson, I. Bagrak, R. Ennals, M. T. Harren, G. Necula, and E. Brewer, "SafeDrive: Safe and recoverable extensions using language-based techniques," in Proc. 7th USENIX Symp. on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI '06), Berkeley, CA: USENIX Association, 2006, pp. 45-60.
- G. Necula, J. Condit, M. Harren, S. McPeak, and W. Weimer, "CCured: Type-safe retrofitting of legacy software," ACM Trans. Programming Languages and Systems, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 477-526, May 2005.
- S. Gulwani and G. Necula, "Discovering affine equalities using random interpretation," in Proc. 30th Annual ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symp. on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL '03), New York, NY: The Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2003, pp. 74-84.
- G. Necula, "Translation validation for an optimizing compiler," in Proc. ACM SIGPLAN 2000 Conf. on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI '00), New York, NY: The Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2000, pp. 83-94.
- G. Necula and P. Lee, "The design and implementation of a certifying compiler," in Proc. ACM SIGPLAN 1998 Conf. on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI '98), A. M. Berman, Ed., New York, NY: The Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 1998, pp. 333-344.
- G. Necula, "Proof-carrying code," in Conference Record of the 24th ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symp. on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL '97), New York, NY: The Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 1997, pp. 106-119.
- G. Necula and P. Lee, "Best Paper Award: Safe kernel extensions without run-time checking," in Proc. 2nd USENIX Symp. on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI '96), Berkeley, CA: USENIX Association, 1996, pp. 229-244.