- EE 144. Fundamental Algorithms for Systems Modeling, Analysis, and Optimization, MW 2:30-4P, 540AB Cory
- EE 219A. Numerical Simulation and Modeling, MW 1-2:30P, 299 Cory
- EE 244. Fundamental Algorithms for Systems Modeling, Analysis, and Optimization, MW 2:30-4P, 540AB Cory
Research and Personal Home page |
Group Publications page |
Jaijeet Roychowdhury is a Professor of EECS at the University of California at Berkeley. He received a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, in 1987, and a Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering and computer science from UC Berkeley in 1993. From 1993 to 1995, he was with the Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Laboratory, AT&T Bell Laboratories, Allentown, PA. From 1995 to 2000, he was with the Communication Sciences Research Division, Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ. From 2000 to 2001, he was with CeLight Inc. (an optical networking startup), Silver Spring, MD. From 2001-2008, he was with the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department and the Digital Technology Center at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.
Roychowdhury's professional interests include the analysis, simulation and design of electronic, biological and mixed-domain systems. He was cited for Extraordinary Achievement by Bell Laboratories in 1996. Over the years, he has authored or co-authored seven best or distinguished papers at ASP-DAC, DAC, and ICCAD. He was an IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Distinguished Lecturer during 2003-2005 and served as Program Chair of IEEE's CANDE and BMAS workshops in 2005. He has served on the Technical Program Committees of ICCAD, DAC, DATE, ASP-DAC and other EDA conferences, on the Executive Committee of ICCAD, on the Nominations and Appointments Committee of CEDA, and as an Officer of CANDE. He is a Fellow of the IEEE.
- N. R. Shanbhag, S. Mitra, G. de Veciana, M. Orshansky, R. Marculescu, J. Roychowdhury, D. Jones, and J. M. Rabaey, "The search for alternative computational paradigms," IEEE Design & Test of Computers, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 334-343, July 2008.
- S. Srivastava and J. Roychowdhury, "Independent and interdependent latch setup/hold time characterization via Newton-Raphson solution and Euler curve tracking on state-transition equations," IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 817-830, May 2008.
- S. Agarwal and J. Roychowdhury, "Efficient multiscale simulation of circadian rhythms using automated phase macromodelling techniques," in Proc. 13th Pacific Symp. on Biocomputing (PSB 2008), R. B. Altman, A. K. Dunker, L. Hunter, T. Murray, and T. E. Klein, Eds., Vol. 13, Singapore: World Scientific Publishing Company, 2008, pp. 402-413.
- C. Gu and J. Roychowdhury, "An efficient, fully nonlinear, variability-aware non-Monte-Carlo yield estimation procedure with applications to SRAM cells and ring oscillators (Best Paper Award)," in Proc.2008 Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conf. (ASP-DAC '08), Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2008, pp. 754-761.
- N. Dong and J. Roychowdhury, "General-purpose nonlinear model-order reduction using piecewise-polynomial representations," IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 249-264, Feb. 2008.
- T. Mei and J. Roychowdhury, "A time-domain oscillator envelope tracking algorithm employing dual phase conditions," IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 59-69, Jan. 2008.
- S. Srivastava and J. Roychowdhury, "Analytical equations for nonlinear phase errors and jitter in ring oscillators," IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 2321-2329, Oct. 2007.
- S. Srivastava and J. Roychowdhury, "Interdependent latch setup/hold time characterization via Euler-Newton curve tracing on state-transition equations (Best Paper Award)," in Proc. 44th Annual ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conf. (DAC 2007), New York, NY: The Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2007, pp. 136-141.
- T. Mei and J. Roychowdhury, "Small-signal analysis of oscillators using Generalized Multitime Partial Differential Equations," IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 1054-1069, June 2007.
- R. A. Rutenbar, G. G. E. Gielen, and J. Roychowdhury, "Hierarchical modeling, optimization and synthesis for system-level analog and RF designs (Invited Paper)," Proc. IEEE, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 640-669, March 2007.
- X. Lai and J. Roychowdhury, "Advanced tools for simulation and design of oscillators/PLLs (Invited Paper)," in Proc. 2007 Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conf. (ASP-DAC '07), Los Alamitos, CA: IEEE Computer Society, 2007, pp. 442-449.
- J. Roychowdhury, "Automated macromodelling for simulation of signals and noise in mixed-signal/RF systems," in Analog Circuit Design -- RF Circuits: Wide band, Front-Ends, DAC's, Design Methodology and Verification for RF and Mixed-Signal Systems, Low Power and Low Voltage, M. Steyaert, A. H. M. van Roermund, and J. H. Huijsing, Eds., Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Springer Netherlands, 2006, pp. 143-167.
- J. Roychowdhury and R. Melville, "Delivering global DC convergence for large mixed-signal circuits via homotopy/continuation methods," IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 66-78, Jan. 2006.