Anthony D. Joseph
Professor Joseph is a Chancellor's Associate Professor at UC Berkeley. His primary research interests are in Secure Machine Learning, ,Datacenters, mobile/distributed computing, and wireless communications (networking and telephony). He is part of the AMP Lab.
- M. Barreno, B. Nelson, R. Sears, A. D. Joseph, and D. Tygar, "Can Machine Learning Be Secure? (Invited Talk)," in Proc. 2006 ACM Symp. on Information, Computer and Communications Security, New York, NY: ACM Press, 2006, pp. 16-25.
- R. Bajcsy, A. D. Joseph, V. Paxson, D. Tygar, S. S. Sastry, and other DETER/EMIST Members, "Cyber defense technology networking and evaluation," Communications of the ACM Special Issue: Emerging Technologies for Homeland Security, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 58-61, March 2004.
- B. Y. Zhao, L. Huang, J. Stribling, S. C. Rhea, A. D. Joseph, and J. D. Kubiatowicz, "Tapestry: A resilient global-scale overlay for service deployment," IEEE J. Selected Areas in Communications: Special Issue on Recent Advances in Service Overlay Networ, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 41-53, Jan. 2004.
- A. Konrad, B. Y. Zhao, A. D. Joseph, and R. Ludwig, "Best Paper Award: A Markov-based channel model algorithm for wireless networks," Wireless Networks: Selected Papers from MOBICOM '03, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 189-199, May 2003.
- B. Y. Zhao, Y. Duan, L. Huang, A. D. Joseph, and J. D. Kubiatowicz, "Brocade: Landmark routing on overlay networks," in Revised Papers of the 1st Intl. Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Systems, P. Druschel, F. Kaashoek, and A. Rowstron, Eds., Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 2429, London, UK: Springer-Verlag, 2002, pp. 34-44.
- T. D. Hodes, S. E. Czerwinski, B. Y. Zhao, A. D. Joseph, and R. H. Katz, "An architecture for secure wide-area service discovery," Wireless Networks: Selected Papers from MOBICOM '99, vol. 8, no. 2/3, pp. 213-230, March 2002.
- S. Q. Zhuang, B. Y. Zhao, A. D. Joseph, R. H. Katz, and J. D. Kubiatowicz, "Bayeux: An architecture for scalable and fault-tolerant wide-area data dissemination," in Proc. 11th Intl. Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 2001), New York, NY: ACM Press, 2001, pp. 11-20.
- B. Y. Zhao, J. D. Kubiatowicz, and A. D. Joseph, "Tapestry: An Infrastructure for Fault-Resilient [Tolerant] Wide-Area Location and Routing," University of California, Berkeley, EECS Department, Tech. Rep. UCB/CSD-01-1141, April 2001.
- S. D. Gribble, M. Welsh, R. von Behren, E. Brewer, D. E. Culler, N. Borisov, S. Czerwinski, R. Gummadi, J. Hill, A. D. Joseph, R. H. Katz, Z. M. Mao, S. Ross, and B. Zhao, "Recipient of Computer Networks' Best Article of the Year Award: The Ninja architecture for robust internet-scale systems and services (Invited Paper)," Computer Networks: The Intl. J. Distributed Informatique (Special Issue on Pervasive Computing), vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 473-497, March 2001.
- H. J. Wang, B. Raman, C. Chuah, R. Biswas, R. Gummadi, B. Hohlt, X. Hong, E. Kiciman, Z. Mao, J. S. Shih, L. Subramanian, B. Y. Zhao, A. D. Joseph, and R. H. Katz, "Invited Paper: ICEBERG: An Internet core network architecture for integrated communications," IEEE Personal Communications, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 10-19, Aug. 2000.
- S. E. Czerwinski, B. Y. Zhao, T. D. Hodes, A. D. Joseph, and R. H. Katz, "An architecture for a secure service discovery service," in Proc. 5th Annual ACM/IEEE Intl. Conf. on Mobile Computing and Networking, New York, NY: ACM Press, 1999, pp. 24-35.
- A. D. Joseph, J. A. Tauber, and M. F. Kaashoek, "Mobile computing with the Rover toolkit," IEEE Trans. Computers: Special Issue on Mobile Computing, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 337-352, March 1997.