Professor, Associate Dean
Jeffrey Bokor is the Paul R. Gray Distinguished Professor of Engineering in the department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences at UC Berkeley. In 2012, he was named Associate Dean for Research in the UC Berkeley College of Engineering. From 2004 until 2012, Prof. Bokor held a joint appointment as Deputy Director for Science at the Molecular Foundry, a nanoscale science research center at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratories (LBNL). He currently holds a joint appointment as Senior Scientist in the Materials Science Division at LBNL. He received the B.S. degree in electrical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1975, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from Stanford University in 1976 and 1980, respectively. From 1980 to 1993, he was at AT&T Bell Laboratories where he did research on a variety of topics in laser science, as well as semiconductor physics and technology, and held several management positions. He joined the Berkeley faculty in 1993. His current research activities include nanomagnetics/spintronics, carbon nanotube and graphene electronics, nanophotonics, and nano-electromechanical systems. He is a fellow of IEEE, APS, and OSA.
- 1980, PhD, Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
- 1976, MS, Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
- 1975, BS, Electrical Engineering, MIT
- A. Barman, S. Wang, J. Maas, A. R. Hawkins, S. Kwon, J. Bokor, A. Liddle, and H. Schmidt, "Size dependent damping in picosecond dynamics of single nanomagnets," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 20, pp. 202504-1-3, May 2007.
- J. Bokor, "Prospects for emerging nanoelectronics in mainstream information processing systems," in IEEE/ACM Intl. Conf. on Computer Aided Design -- Digest of Technical Papers, New York, NY: ACM Press, 2006, pp. 647-648.
- F. R. Bradbury, A. M. Tyryshkin, G. Sabouret, J. Bokor, T. Schenkel, and S. A. Lyon, "Stark tuning of donor electron spins in silicon," Physical Review Letters, vol. 97, no. 17, pp. 176404-1-4, Oct. 2006.
- A. Barman, S. Wang, J. D. Maas, A. R. Hawkins, S. Kwon, A. Liddle, J. Bokor, and H. Schmidt, "Magneto-optical observation of picosecond dynamics of single nanomagnets," Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 2939-2944, Aug. 2006.
- Y. Tseng, K. Phoa, D. Carlton, and J. Bokor, "Effect of diameter variation in a large set of carbon nanotube transistors," Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 1364-1368, May 2006.
- S. Kwon, X. Yan, A. M. Contreras, J. A. Liddle, G. A. Somorjai, and J. Bokor, "Fabrication of metallic nanodots in large-area arrays by mold-to-mold cross imprinting (MTMCI)," Nano Letters, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 2557-2562, Dec. 2005.
- J. Lin, P. Xuan, and J. Bokor, "Characterization of chemical vapor deposition growth yields of carbon nanotube transistors," Japanese J. Applied Physics, vol. 44, no. 9A, pp. 6859-6861, Sep. 2005.
- S. Xiong, T. King Liu, and J. Bokor, "A comparison study of symmetric ultrathin-body double-gate devices with metal source/drain and doped source/drain," IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 1859-1867, Aug. 2005.
- A. San Paulo, J. Bokor, R. T. Howe, R. He, P. Yang, D. Gao, C. Cararo, and R. Maboudian, "Mechanical elasticity of single and double clamped silicon nanobeams fabricated by the vapor-liquid-solid method," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 053111-1-3, Aug. 2005.
- N. Pu, E. Pan, and J. Bokor, "Sensitive detection of laser damage to Mo/Si multilayers by picosecond ultrasonics," Applied Physics B: Lasers and Optics, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 107-112, July 2004.
- Y. Wang, J. Bokor, and A. Lee, "Maskless lithography using drop-on-demand inkjet printing method," in Proc. SPIE: Emerging Lithographic Technologies VIII, S. Mackay, Ed., Vol. 5374, Bellingham, WA: SPIE, 2004, pp. 628-636.
- Y. Tseng, P. Xuan, A. Javey, R. Malloy, Q. Wang, J. Bokor, and H. Dai, "Monolithic integration of carbon nanotube devices with silicon MOS technology," Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 123-127, Jan. 2004.
- P. Xuan, M. She, B. Harteneck, A. Liddle, J. Bokor, and T. King Liu, "FinFET SONOS flash memory for embedded applications," in 2003 Intl. Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM '03). Technical Digest, Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2003, pp. 609-612.
- Y. Choi, J. Grunes, J. S. Lee, J. Zhu, G. A. Somorjai, L. P. Lee, and J. Bokor, "Sub-lithographic patterning technology for nanowire model catalysts and DNA label-free hybridization detection," in Proc. SPIE: Nanofabrication Technologies, E. A. Dobisz, Ed., Vol. 5220, Bellingham, WA: SPIE, 2003, pp. 10-19.
- N. Pu and J. Bokor, "Study of surface and bulk acoustic phonon excitations in superlattices using picosecond ultrasonics," Physical Review Letters, vol. 91, no. 7, pp. 076101-1-4, Aug. 2003.
- B. Yu, L. Chang, S. Ahmed, H. Wang, S. Bell, C. Yang, C. Tabery, C. Ho, Q. Xiang, T. King Liu, J. Bokor, C. Hu, M. Lin, and D. Kyser, "FinFET scaling to 10nm gate length," in 2002 IEEE Intl. Electron Devices Meeting Technical Digest, Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2002, pp. 251-254.
- Y. Yeo, V. Subramanian, J. Kedzierski, P. Xuan, T. King Liu, J. Bokor, and C. Hu, "Design and fabrication of 50-nm thin-body p-MOSFETs with a SiGe heterostructure channel (Paul Rappaport Award for 2002)," IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 279-286, Feb. 2002.
- J. Kedzierski, P. Xuan, E. H. Anderson, J. Bokor, T. King Liu, and C. Hu, "Complementary silicide source/drain thin-body MOSFETs for the 20 nm gate length regime," in 2000 Intl. Electron Devices Meeting Technical Digest, Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2000, pp. 57-60.
- S. Jeong, C. Lai, S. Rekawa, C. C. Walton, and J. Bokor, "Actinic defect counting statistics over 1-cm2 area of EUVL mask blank," in Proc. SPIE -- Emerging Lithographic Technologies IV, E. A. Dobisz, Ed., Vol. 3997, Bellingham, WA: SPIE, 2000, pp. 431-440.
- P. P. Naulleau, K. A. Goldberg, S. H. Lee, C. Chang, D. T. Attwood, and J. Bokor, "Extreme-ultraviolet phase-shifting point-diffraction interferometer: A wave-front metrology tool with subangstrom reference-wave accuracy," Applied Optics, vol. 38, no. 35, pp. 7252-7263, Dec. 1999.