Former Adjunct Professor
Ahmad Bahai received his MS degree from Imperial College, University of London in 1988 and Ph.D. degree from University of California at Berkeley in 1993, all in Electrical Engineering. From 1992 to 1994, member of technical staff, wireless communications division of TCSI. 1994, joined AT&T Bell Labs as Technical Manager of Wireless Communication Group in Advanced Communications Technology Labs until 1997.
Dr. Bahai was the co-founder and CTO of ALGOREX Inc. and currently is Fellow and the Chief Technologist of National Semiconductor. He is an adjunct/consulting professor at Stanford University and UC Berkeley. He is the author of more than 50 papers and reports and his book on "Multi-carrier Digital Communications" is published by Kluwer/Plenum. Dr. Bahai holds five patents in Communications and Signal Processing field and served as an editor of IEEE Communication Letters.
He left his adjunct professor position in 2012.
- J. P. Singh, Y. Li, N. Bambos, A. Bahai, B. Xu, and G. Zimmermann, "TCP performance dynamics and link-layer adaptation based optimization methods for wireless networks," IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 1864-1879, May 2007.
- M. Malboubi, A. Bahai, M. Ergen, P. Varaiya, and J. Walrand, "Unequal importance image communication over heterogeneous networks," in Proc. 65th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conf. (VTC '07-Spring), Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2007, pp. 629-633.
- S. Timofeev, A. Bahai, and P. Varaiya, "Wideband adaptive beamforming system for speech recording," in Proc. 2007 IEEE Intl. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP '07), Vol. 2, Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2007, pp. 989-992.
- S. Cui, A. J. Goldsmith, and A. Bahai, "Energy-constrained modulation optimization," IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 2349-2360, Sep. 2005.
- A. Bahai, B. R. Saltzberg, and M. Ergen, Multi-Carrier Digital Communications: Theory and Applications of OFDM, 2nd ed., Information Technology--Transmission, Processing, and Storage, New York: Springer Verlag, 2004.
- S. Cui, A. J. Goldsmith, and A. Bahai, "Energy-efficiency of MIMO and cooperative MIMO techniques in sensor networks," IEEE J. Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1089-1098, Aug. 2004.
- P. Skraba, H. Aghajan, and A. Bahai, "Cross-layer optimization for high density sensor networks: Distributed passive routing," in Ad-Hoc, Mobile, and Wireless Networks: Proc. 3rd Intl. Conf. (ADHOC-NOW 2004), I. Nikolaidis, M. Barbeau, and E. Kranakis, Eds., Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 3158, Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2004, pp. 266-279.
- S. Coleri, M. Ergen, A. Puri, and A. Bahai, "Channel estimation techniques based on pilot arrangement in OFDM systems," IEEE Trans. Broadcasting, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 223-229, Sep. 2002.
- G. Fettweis, A. Bahai, and K. Anvari, "On multi-carrier code division multiple access (MC-CDMA) modem design," in Record of Papers at the IEEE 44th Vehicular Technology Conf., Vol. 3, Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 1994, pp. 1670-1674.