Murat Arcak received his B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from the Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey (1996) and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of California, Santa Barbara (1997 and 2000). His research is in dynamical systems and control theory with applications to biological networks, power systems, communication networks, and cooperative robotics. Prior to joining Berkeley in 2008, he was a faculty member at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He received a CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation in 2003, the
Donald P. Eckman Award from the American Automatic Control Council in 2006, and the
Control and Systems Theory Prize from the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) in 2007. He is a member of SIAM and a fellow of IEEE.
- E. Summers, M. Arcak, and A. Packard, "Delay robustness of interconnected passive systems: An integral quadratic constraint approach," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 712-724, March 2013.
- J. Hsia, W. J. Holtz, D. C. Huang, M. Arcak, and M. Maharbiz, "A feedback quenched oscillator produces Turing patterning with one diffuser," PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. e1002331, Jan. 2012.
- M. Arcak, "Diagonal stability on cactus graphs and application to network stability analysis," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 2766-2777, Dec. 2011.
- M. Arcak, "Certifying spatially uniform behavior in reaction-diffusion PDE and compartmental ODE systems," Automatica, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1219-1229, June 2011.
- J. O'Rourke, M. Arcak, and R. Ramani, "Real-time optimization of net power in a fuel cell system," Journal of Power Sources, vol. 187, pp. 422-430, 2009.
- M. Arcak, "Passivity as a design tool for group coordination," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 1380-1390, Aug. 2007.
- M. Arcak and E. D. Sontag, "Diagonal stability of a class of cyclic systems and its connection with the secant criterion," Automatica, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 1531-1537, Sep. 2006.
- J. T. Wen and M. Arcak, "A unifying passivity framework for network flow control," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 162-174, Feb. 2004.
- M. Arcak, H. Gorgun, L. M. Pedersen, and S. Varigonda, "A nonlinear observer design for fuel cell hydrogen estimation," IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 101-110, Jan. 2004.
- M. Arcak, D. Angeli, and E. Sontag, "A unifying integral ISS framework for stability of nonlinear cascades," SIAM J. Control and Optimization, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1888-1904, 2002.
- M. Arcak and P. Kokotovic, "Nonlinear observers: A circle criterion design and robustness analysis," Automatica, vol. 37, no. 12, pp. 1923-1930, Dec. 2001.
- P. Kokotovic and M. Arcak, "Constructive nonlinear control: A historical perspective," Automatica, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 637-662, May 2001.
- M. Arcak, A. Teel, and P. Kokotovic, "Robust nonlinear control of feedforward systems with unmodeled dynamics," Automatica, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 265-272, Feb. 2001.