Murat Arcak received the B.S. degree from the Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey (1996) and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of California, Santa Barbara (1997 and 2000). His research is in dynamical systems and control theory with applications to synthetic biology, multi-agent systems, and transportation. Prior to joining Berkeley in 2008, he was a faculty member at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He received a CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation in 2003, the
Donald P. Eckman Award from the American Automatic Control Council in 2006, the
Control and Systems Theory Prize from the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) in 2007, and the
Antonio Ruberti Young Researcher Prize from the IEEE Control Systems Society in 2014. He is a member of SIAM and a fellow of IEEE.
- M. Arcak, C. Meissen, and A. Packard, Networks of Dissipative Systems: Compositional Certification of Stability, Performance, and Safety, SpringerBriefs in Control, Automation and Robotics, Springer, 2016.
- S. Coogan and M. Arcak, "Efficient finite abstraction of mixed monotone systems," in 18th ACM International Conference on Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control, 2015, pp. 58-67.
- A. S. Rufino Ferreira and M. Arcak, "A graph partitioning approach to predicting patterns in lateral inhibition systems," SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 2012 - 2031, Dec. 2013.
- J. Hsia, W. J. Holtz, D. C. Huang, M. Arcak, and M. Maharbiz, "A feedback quenched oscillator produces Turing patterning with one diffuser," PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. e1002331, Jan. 2012.
- M. Arcak, "Certifying spatially uniform behavior in reaction-diffusion PDE and compartmental ODE systems," Automatica, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1219-1229, June 2011.
- M. Arcak, "Passivity as a design tool for group coordination," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 1380-1390, Aug. 2007.
- M. Arcak and E. D. Sontag, "Diagonal stability of a class of cyclic systems and its connection with the secant criterion," Automatica, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 1531-1537, Sep. 2006.
- M. Arcak, H. Gorgun, L. M. Pedersen, and S. Varigonda, "A nonlinear observer design for fuel cell hydrogen estimation," IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 101-110, Jan. 2004.
- M. Arcak and P. Kokotovic, "Nonlinear observers: A circle criterion design and robustness analysis," Automatica, vol. 37, no. 12, pp. 1923-1930, Dec. 2001.
- P. Kokotovic and M. Arcak, "Constructive nonlinear control: A historical perspective," Automatica, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 637-662, May 2001.