Murat Arcak received the B.S. degree from the Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey (1996) and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of California, Santa Barbara (1997 and 2000). His research is in dynamical systems and control theory with applications to synthetic biology, multi-agent systems, and transportation. Prior to joining Berkeley in 2008, he was a faculty member at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He received a CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation in 2003, the
Donald P. Eckman Award from the American Automatic Control Council in 2006, the
Control and Systems Theory Prize from the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) in 2007, and the
Antonio Ruberti Young Researcher Prize from the IEEE Control Systems Society in 2014. He is a member of SIAM and a fellow of IEEE.
- A. S. Rufino Ferreira and M. Arcak, "A graph partitioning approach to predicting patterns in lateral inhibition systems," SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 2012 - 2031, Dec. 2013.
- E. Summers, M. Arcak, and A. Packard, "Delay robustness of interconnected passive systems: An integral quadratic constraint approach," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 712-724, March 2013.
- J. Hsia, W. J. Holtz, D. C. Huang, M. Arcak, and M. Maharbiz, "A feedback quenched oscillator produces Turing patterning with one diffuser," PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. e1002331, Jan. 2012.
- M. Arcak, "Diagonal stability on cactus graphs and application to network stability analysis," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 2766-2777, Dec. 2011.
- H. Bai, M. Arcak, and J. Wen, Cooperative Control Design: A Systematic, Passivity-Based Approach, Communications and Control Engineering, New York: Springer, 2011.
- M. Arcak, "Certifying spatially uniform behavior in reaction-diffusion PDE and compartmental ODE systems," Automatica, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1219-1229, June 2011.
- M. Arcak, "Passivity as a design tool for group coordination," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 1380-1390, Aug. 2007.
- M. Arcak and E. D. Sontag, "Diagonal stability of a class of cyclic systems and its connection with the secant criterion," Automatica, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 1531-1537, Sep. 2006.
- M. Arcak, H. Gorgun, L. M. Pedersen, and S. Varigonda, "A nonlinear observer design for fuel cell hydrogen estimation," IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 101-110, Jan. 2004.
- M. Arcak and P. Kokotovic, "Nonlinear observers: A circle criterion design and robustness analysis," Automatica, vol. 37, no. 12, pp. 1923-1930, Dec. 2001.