Faculty Positions Available
Apply for a posted faculty position as Tenure-Level professor, 50%, EECS Dept. to be jointly appointed as Senior Scientist (Researcher), 50%, in the Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing at UC Berkeley.
Position begins Fall 2013. Appointee will play an active leadership role in the conception and realization of programs in the new Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing, serve as research mentor to junior scientists and maintain a strong program of research and teaching in core areas of theoretical computer science and its outreach to the sciences, engineering and society.
Online application is strongly recommended. Applicants should submit / upload
- a Curriculum Vitae
- a statement summarizing research and teaching interests as well as experience and professional contributions as they relate to the goals of the Institute
- three selected publications
- names and e-mail addresses of 3 references who will send — upload — reference letters at a website that will be emailed to you following your application submission.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive. The application period closes March 11, 2013. Applications received after that date cannot be considered.
To apply, use the Online Application
If you do not have Internet access, you may send your application materials by postal mail to: Joint Simons/EECS Search Committee c/o EECS Chair David Culler, Computer Science Division of EECS, 395 Soda Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720.
- Applications for the EECS-Simons Institute position are due Monday, March 11, 2013
- Writers of your reference letters need to upload their letters at a website that will be provided to you in an automated response to your application submission.
The Berkeley EECS Department has no other positions open at this time.
During Fall 2013, we hope to recruit for EECS Department faculty positions having a start date of Fall 2014. When the Department's recruiting plan and authorized advertisement have been approved by UC Berkeley, the ad will be posted on this page. Stop by again in Fall 2013.