CS 3. Introduction to Symbolic Programming
Topics covered are the following:
- Exploration: introduction to the course and to programming.
- Procedures and functions: evaluation, words and lists, functional programming.
- Variables: data types, inputs to procedures and functions, scope of variables, assignment.
- Predicates: conditional evaluation.
- Recursion (several models): linear- and tree-recursive operations.
- Planning and debugging.
- Functional operators.
- Other control structures, e.g. iteration, non-local exit.
- Other data structures, e.g. trees, hash tables, property lists, files.
- Programs as data.