Payroll & Benefits
Please direct questions to:
395 Soda Hall
Office hours: M-F 7:30a.m.- 4:00p.m.
Bi-Weekly Pay & Factor Accruals
Significant changes are coming for both exempt and non-exempt employees this Fall. UC Berkeley plans to transition to Bi-Weekly Pay for non-exempt employees and non-academic students at the end of August 2014 and Factor Accrual for both exempt and non-exempt employees in September 2014 in preparation for the implementation of a single payroll system across all ten UC campuses and five medical centers (UCPATH).
Non-Exempt Employee Bi-Weekly Pay and Factor Accruals
On August 31, 2014, non-exempt staff (i.e. those who are eligible to earn overtime) and non-academic student employees will transition to a biweekly pay cycle and factor leave accruals, which is a new method of calculating vacation and sick leave accruals. More about the Non-Exempt Employee Transition.
Exempt Employee Factor Accruals
Effective September 1, 2014, exempt employees who are eligible to accrue vacation and sick leave will accrue leave based on a factor accrual leave rate. More about the Exempt Employee Transition.
Employees in non-exempt positions (hourly) accrue vacation leave and sick leave depending on percentage of appointment and time worked, and/or duration of appointment. They can earn overtime and may be paid for it or take compensatory time. Time off and time worked are recorded to the nearest quarter hour.
Employees in exempt positions (salaried) accrue vacation and sick leave; however, they do not earn overtime or compensatory time. Time off and time worked are recorded in whole-day increments for purposes of pay. A "whole day" may be less than eight hours if an employee's appointment is less than 100% time.
- Monthly Time Reporting by Employees – A general summary of time reporting requirements.
- Hourly Appointments FAQ – Q&A for hourly employees.
2015 Time Sheets
- 2015 Student Hourly Timesheets – Readers and Tutors (pdf)
- Exempt and Non-Exempt employees now use the campus CalTime Reporting System
2014 Time Sheets
- 2014 Non-Exempt Timesheets
- 2014 Student Hourly Timesheets - Readers and Tutors
- 2014 Student Hourly Timesheets - Student Assistants
- Exempt employees now use the campus CalTime Reporting System
- Old Time Sheets (2005-2013)
If you are a non-exempt employee and do not see the daily hours appear on your monthly time sheets, go to the cover page and type in the percentage of time that you work.
- Fidelity NetBenefits and Calvert Investments
General UC Benefits
Provides easy access to COBRA rates, some useful tools (like a retirement plan estimator) and benefits news. For general questions, call: (510) 642-7053.
At Your Service - UC Benefits
Log on to At Your Service, Bencom's Online Enrollment. Information about retirement fund performance and insurance. Check here regularly for new information about your benefits and retirement plans.
- If you are a new employee and wish to sign up for your benefits online, have your employee ID number and your benefits selections ready. Please be sure to enroll in your insurance plans within 30 days of your hire date.
- If you do not wish to use the online service, you must call 1-800-888-8267 and press 1 when you hear the recorded voice.
Health and Insurance Questions
Information regarding medical and dental plans, and answers to questions about eligibility and coverage.
Job Vacancy Posting (MS Word)
The template supervisors submit to post career staff job vacancies.
UC Berkeley Human Resources
Information about career development, pay, personnel policies, and employee relations.
Emergency Contact Form
Please use this online form to designate whom to contact in case of an emergency.
- Safety Information and Emergency Procedures.
For lost or stolen paychecks, and duplicate W2 forms call 642-3513, or go to 171 University Hall between 9 and 4.